Search for content in message boards

INGOLDSBY, Maynard

INGOLDSBY, Maynard

Posted: 10 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 10:13PM GMT
Maynard Ingoldsby, "Van Buren, was born in the town of Rutland, Jefferson Co., N.Y., Oct. 23, 1821. Eber Ingoldsby, his father, was a native of Shrewsbury, Mass., and with his parents moved to Washington Co. in 1791. The family trace their descent back to Ebenezer Ingoldsby, who lived in Massachusetts and was of English descent. He was born in 1730 and was a lieutenant in the French war of 1755-61 and afterwards he was a captain in Colonel Cushing's regiment during the Revolutionary war. Eber Ingoldsby held the rank of lieutenant in the war of 1812. He married first, Esther Kniffin, who died in 1816. He then married Zeruiah Phipps. He had a family of eleven children, four of whom are living. John Ingoldsby, the father of Eber, was a soldier in the Revolutionary war, serving nearly six years, taking part in the battle of Lexington and others. He came to Onondaga Co. in 1812 and bought the north half of section 27, in the township of Camillus, in 1828, where he was engaged in farming. Maynard Ingoldsby was educated in the common schools and finished at the Baldwinsville Academy, after which he was engaged in farming. In 1861 he married Eliza D., daughter of Girardus Spaulding, and they have four children: Walter, a soldier in the 9th Regulars, U.S.A.; Mrs. Mary Crans, Mrs. Zeedie Taylor, and Irene M. Mr. Ingoldsby is one of the leading farmers of the town." Source: Bruce, Dwight H. (Ed.), Onondaga's Centennial. Boston History Co., 1896, Vol. II, p. 258.

Re: INGOLDSBY, Maynard

Bill Brobst (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: INGOLDSBY, ENGLESBY, INGLESBY
Kathy, I have a lot of stuff on several Eber and Ebenezer Ingoldsbys in our on-line data base, worldconnect URL below. Check also the spellings Ingelsby, Englesby, Ingoldesby. I'm an Ingoldsby descendant, through my g'grandmother, Mary Electa Englesby.

Bill Brobst <brobstwa@mindspring.com>

susan fowler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: ingoldsby
MY MAIDEN NAME IS INGOLDSBY my grandfather was
willie ingoldsby born sept 29 1901 and died in 1989. he had
two brothers frank and arnold and four sisters margaret winnie bella and norah... i cannot find any onfo on ther parents can u help

Bill Brobst, Ingalsby Project (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: INGOLDSBY
Susan, I have only one Ingoldsby family that comes close. They're from New York, so that lends some additional credence to the possibility. Here they are;

Descendants of Oscar Fitzalan Ingoldsby

1 Oscar Fitzalan INGOLDSBY b: Sep 03, 1830 in Otsego Co, NY d: May 17, 1898 in Lakemont, NY
. +Sarah C. HENIKER b: Apr 24, 1832
..... 2 Emma J. INGLESBE b: Apr 22, 1855
..... 2 Allison E. INGOLDSBY b: May 28, 1857 in Eddytown, NY
......... +Minnie I. PARKER b: Sep 13, 1871
............ 3 Alice M. INGOLDSBY b: May 23, 1894
............ 3 Emma C. INGOLDSBY b: Aug 26, 1895
............ 3 Frank Marvin INGOLDSBY b: Nov 12, 1900
..... 2 Edmund C. INGLESBE b: Jun 12, 1859
..... 2 Frank W. INGLESBE b: Nov 12, 1861
..... 2 Ezra M. INGLESBE b: Apr 12, 1864
You can see them in the on-line data base, worldconnect URL below. Let me know if you have a match. Most of our Ingoldsby data is from earlier generations. I'm an Englesby descendant.

Bill

William A. Brobst
6072 Currituck Road, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
252-261-3068 Brobstwa@mindspring.com
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=brobst

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Ingoldsby
Hi
I found your message today.
I am the youngest daughter of norah ingoldsby
My mum married William starkey, around 1926
We emigrated to Australia in 1951 when I was3years old.I. Would be very interested in your family tree
Cheers gwyneth

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 2:26PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2012 2:28PM GMT
Link to a photo of Maynard and other Ingoldsby graves.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=in...;

His father Eber and grandfather John are also buried in the same small cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions