Search for content in message boards

Desperately Seeking Henry

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leask
Searching for a Henry Leask, believed to be a sea Captain, or at least a sailor, b abt. 1811. Sailed to Canada and married Catherine Surrat sometime before 1860. I have NOTHING other than this on him before he married Catherine. It is family story that he was from the Orkney/Shetland area, but I have no proof. ANYONE?

Thanks,

Susan

Posted: 30 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2005 10:57AM GMT
If you go to Walt Custer's excellent Orkney Genealogy Site and download his file of Leask / Lesk births and christenings in Orkney, you will find several Henry Leasks / Lesks born around the time you indicate, though none actually in 1811.

Closest seems to be:

Henry LEASK (M) . . . . C: 1810

Father: Henry LEASK
Firth & Stenness, Orkney, Scotland
Mother: Margt. HOLLAND

(M= Male; C = Christened)

Norman Tulloch

Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2004 1:05PM GMT
I have some info on an Orcadian Tulloch in Ontario at/near 1900 and after, if you want it.

Henry Leask

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 2:51AM GMT
re. Henry Leask - Captain Henry Leask m.Catherine Searette circa 1855 Garden River, Ontario. I have masses of detail about this man who was born in Orkney. Please contact me direct if you still need information. I presume you are a descendant, os whom I have masses in my registers

Regards Brian Leask

Re: Henry Leask

mark&heidi leask (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 3:18AM GMT
hello, we are somehow related. our mother was leona aldora leask. she is one of ten children. her father is archibald leask. who was from sugar island. mother was sadie quance. I just wanted to reply to you cause we might be able to help each other with some research and as a family member you might be able to let others know that our mother leona aldora leask (brockman) has past away october 1, 2001. she was 68 years old and died of several cancers. she has been ill for two in a half years . she was burried today october 3, 2001 in flatrock michigan. she was a resident of detroit michigan. she is laid to rest at huron valley cemetary. she has one living sister joan. if you know of any relitives that could use this info please let them know. we are on and off on internet. just feel free to call us in newport mi at (734) 586-4684 We are interested in any info that you could give us and we will try to get back with you with more info.
leona has one daughter and four sons . I am leona's son mark .

Re: Henry Leask

Delores Hall (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 12:43AM GMT
HI: I would love to share with you information on Henry Leask. I have done research since 1970, this computor thing I did not know then, sure wished I had of learned. Looking forward to hearing from you. My Mother was Pearl Agnes Leask of Sugar Island and her father was Joseph Leask ....Dee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions