Search for content in message boards

GRIFFITHS/JONES

GRIFFITHS/JONES

Posted: 21 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2001 1:54AM GMT
John GRIFFITHS (b.1799) ; wife, Elizabeth JONES GRIFFITHS left Glamorganshire, Wales in 1831 with their 4 yr. old son David J. GRIFFITHS for New York, later Pennsylvania and eventually settling in southeastern Ohio. The areas of Centerpoint, Oak Hill, Rio Grande and Jackson are just a few of the areas in this region. I have a family book about the Griffiths with date from 1759-1991 from my husbands family.
I am hoping to find as much as possible about these people or information as to where to start looking in Wales. My husband and son will be traveling to Wales this fall so I would be grateful for any information on how to get started.

Re: GRIFFITHS/JONES

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT
Do you have an Evan Griffiths who was married 1st to a Ruth Jones then married a 2nd time.Lived in Calif. last known place. thanks mary

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 1:40PM GMT
so far not in the Bengjog Jones family nor the John Griffiths.
but the Jones family has a long history with a Griffith Griffith. i know that could be a possibility there. In the Benglog Jones line we have two brothers m. to two of Griffith Griffiths daughters. i know that one of the families went west to KS and made it big. i am not certain of this man's other children. Ruth Jones is not a name i am familiar with. on any of the lines either. there are Jones in the Griffiths' line as well. I know one last known was in the Denver area with a son. will keep eye out for your lines. do you have dates for these people and have you ckd familysearch.org.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 1:46PM GMT
i ckd familysearch and found some that would be worth looking into at least it would be a start. the one's i found were not of tom's trees, but more than happy to help if i am able to.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 10:22PM GMT
thank you for your reply. Am just getting started so will contact you if I find something youmay help me with. Thank You and God Bless. Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions