Search for content in message boards

Reetz & Marquardt of Fall Creek

Reetz & Marquardt of Fall Creek

Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: REETZ, MARQUARDT, SELL, HEUER
My grandfather Ernst Rudolph Reetz married Ida Bertha Marquardt in Fall Creek, 10 November 1889. I would like any information on these two families. Jean

Marquardt & Reetz

Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: MIESCKE, MARQUARDT, REETZ
My wife is Kathy (Miescke) Tellstrom and she has relatives in both the MARQUARDT and REETZ families connecting with her MIESCKE family in Fall Creek, Eau Claire Co., and Chippewa Falls, Chippewa Co. Do you have parent names for your Ernest Rudolph Reetz or Ida Bertha Marquardt? My records to not show either of their names so we should exchange further information in order to determine a connection. I would be happy to share any information I have. I do have extensive records from St. James Trinity Lutheran Church in Fall Creek and St. John's Lutheran Church in the Town of Lincoln. I do recall seeing some births, deaths and marriages listed in these resources for REETZ and MARQUARDT. Let's swap details and see if we can make the connections. Jim Tellstrom, Sturgeon Bay, WI

REETZ

ROBERT LEE (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SCHMIDT, VOIGT, FOX, BRADY, SELL, GLOEDE, CROMWELL, KERSTEN
HI JIM
I have a Great Aunt on my Mothers side that married a William REETZ. Her name was Mary SCHMIDT b14 Nov 1869,Town of Lincoln, d 5 Jan 1942 in Eau Claire, Eau Claire County.
There is no other info I have on the REETZ name so for now i can not help you out but maybe you can shed so info my way on the name. The Schmidts were members of St Johns Luth and I also have relatives as members of St James Luth there in Fall Creek. My Aunt Dorothy Schmidt married one William VOIGT from St James Luth.
I myself was born and raised in Eau Claire and I have a few relatives still up there in Eau Claire County and Chippewa County.
All the surnames are connected to me thru the SCHMIDT'S
If I have anything you could use let me know okay?
GOOD LUCK in your search

GENERAL

Re: Marquardt & Reetz

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2006 12:20AM GMT
Ida Bertha Marquardt's father was Ernst Marquardt b. 18 Oct 1831 in Germany, d. 1890; mother was Wilhelmina Sell b. 29 Sep 1845 in Germany, d. 1911. Ernst Rudolph Reetz's father was Ludwig Reetz b. 03 Oct 1826 in Germany, d. 02 Oct 1895; mother was Henriette Ott b. 1840 in Germany, d. 1897. Ernst Rudolph had a sister Emilia Reetz married to Frederick Hermann Garbe. Reetz and Marquardt were married 10 Nov 1899 either in Lincoln or Fall Creek. Wilhelmina had a sister, Emilie Ottilie Sell married to August Ernst Messerschmidt.

Emilie Reetz & Herman Garbe

Posted: 7 Jun 2005 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Garbe, Reetz
I have an Emilie Reetz married to Herman Garbe (son of Frederick Garbe), so I think there is a connection. Do you have any additional information on this branch of the Reetz family? Thanks so much.

Re: Emilie Reetz & Herman Garbe

Posted: 9 Jun 2005 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Emilie Reetz & Herman Garbe
I only have the children of Emilie & Herman. They are:

Max August b. 21 Apr 1897 in Fall Creek, Eau Claire Co., WI
d. 02 May 1897 Fall Creek

Ewald Arthur b. 03 Mar 1898 Fall Creek d. 16 Mar 1983 Los Angeles, CA

Martha Augusta b. Abt 1900 Stone Creek, Bottineau Co. North Dakota married to Louis Wohlfiel

Walter Ernst b. 02 Sep 1901 Kramer, Bottineau, N.D. d. Jul 1968 Kramer

George Frank b. Abt 1904 Stone Creek

Alfred Emil b. 10 Sep 1905 Stone Creek d. 21 Oct 1981 Los Angeles, CA

Ella Emilie b. Sep 1908 Stone Creek

Felix H. b. 12 May 1910 Stone Creek d. 25 Dec 1988 Los Angeles. Married Mildred Rose Bruesewitz (b. 03 Oct 1911 Fall Creek) 20 June 1937 St. James Lutheran Church, Fall Creek. Felix was residing in Bluffton, Indiana at time of marriage.

Emilie Reetz b. 22 Nov 1870 Lincoln Twp., Eau Claire Co., WI
Frederick Herman Garbe b. Sep 1869 Prussia
They were married in 1897 St. Trinity Lutheran Church, Fall Creek.

I believe Herman had a brother named Gustav, but am not sure.

If you have more information on the Garbe family I would appreciate it if you could e-mail it to me at JRL1906@aol.com

Re: Emilie Reetz & Herman Garbe

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 12:13PM GMT
Surnames: Reetz Garbe
They were married in Fall Creek, moved to Kramer, ND where they farmed. They had seven children. They are buried in the Kramer cemetery. They are my grand parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic