Search for content in message boards

KUCHMY

KUCHMY

Virginia Champion (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the village or area that my grandfather, George Kuchmy, emigrated from around 1910 to Ellis Island with my grandmother, Mary Kissel and several of her cousins. They said they were from Austria, but the area was part of the AustroHungarian Empire. The spelling of Kuchmy may not be correct. I also want to confirm the spelling of the surnames.

Re: KUCHMY

Lena (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2002 6:22PM GMT
Hello. My name is Lena. After reading your post message, I decided to reply.
I don't know if this will help you or not, but my last name is Kuchmy. We are from Ukraine. Another spelling of this last name is Kuchmiy. I have a lot of relatives living is Washington, USA with this last name. (I'm in Washington too). I heard from my father that he had two uncles who disappeared during WWII and to this day they do not know where they are.
Anyways, let me know what you find out about your gradfather.

Peter KUCHMY of Rochester, NY 1943

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 4:44AM GMT
Peter is pictured in Propwash, yearbook of the 43-F class at Sequoia Field in Visalia, California. He is a flight cadet. I'm not kin but thought this might be helpful to someone researching the KUCHMY family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions