Search for content in message boards

POOLE

POOLE

Mark Adkinson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: POOLE, ADAMS, KING
I am looking for information on the parents and siblings of Nolen Walter POOLE. He was born 6 Apr 1890 in either Fulton, KY or South Fulton, TN (sources are in conflict). He as the oldest child of Charles Marion POOL (1861 - 1914) and Mary Yettie ADAMS (1869 - 1906). Mary was Charles’ second wife. His first wife was also named Mary. The first family was Edwin (b. 1879), Mary (b. 1883, and Orville (b. 1886). Nolen’s other siblings were Eliphelet (b. 1896) and Forrest (b. 1901). The 1900 census (SD1, ED89, p10) shows them living in Graves Co, KY.. The 1910 census shows them in Carlisle Co, KY near Milburn. Nolen was not listed in 1910. Nolen married Evie Cecil KING in Drumright, OK on 2 Aug 1919. They later moved to Tulsa, OK where Nolen was a salesman for Wilson Meat Co. He died on 10 Aug 1966 and is buried in Rose Hill Cemetery in Tulsa. Any help on this family is greatly appreciated.

KING in Graves County

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: LAIRD, KING, JOHNSON, MOORE, SCOTT
Martha Ann KING (b. 1862, dau. of Levi KING (b. 1823) and Ruthann Matilda (MOORE, b. 1838) KING. Martha married John William LAIRD (b. 1856), son of James M. LAIRD (b. 1831) and Mary Ann JOHNSON (b. 1835) Most of these are from Weakley County TN or Randolph County AR but some in Graves and McCracken County KY. After Levi KING died, Tilda married Lemuel SCOTT. They ended up in Bollinger County, MO.

I'm hoping to find additional Lairds in this county, as we found a W.L. LAIRD and Tabitha KING in the 1860 Graves County Census.

Please contact BobbiLaird@aol.com. Thanks!

Re: KING in Graves County

Peggy Laird Heath (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 2:12AM GMT
Hi Bobbi, Wiley L.Laird was my g grandfather. He married Tabitha King in Weakley Co, TN in 1855. They had 2 daughters. Mary F, and Amanda M..He later married Martha Joanna Hooks in Mayfield Ky. They had children: Samuel. Nancy E.James.Ida Jane.,Robert Wiley(my grandfather) and Sudie G. This info came from the 1880 census for Graves Co. I am searching for Wiley's parents in TN. but so far no luck.Robert Wiley Laird and Robert William Laird (my Dad) are both buried In Maplewood cemetery in Mayfield Ky. Any information you might add will be gratefully appreciated...... Peggy

Re: KING in Graves County

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: LAIRD, SHONS, WOODRIOD, HANETON, CAUSEY, HARDIN, PAINTER, WARD, WILSON, BOOZER, HARRIS, SCOTT etc..
Thank you for responding to my inquiry! Although I was hunting for Levi KING, I'll be happy to share my Lairds, who happened to be in that generay vicinity (give or take a few miles. I know about Wiley and Tabitha, and have saved the information about them just in case I learn later that they are related to my Levi. Do you know if Wiley was Cherokee? The Laird names below are from different states; but remember, TN, AR and KY all come together where Missouri starts).

The only Roberts I have are:

Robert LAIRD b. 1834 Maury County, TN

Robert E.L. LAIRD b. Sep 1869 AR, d. by 1880 census

Re: POOLE (new email address)

Mark Adkinson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 5:37PM GMT
I have a new email address: madkinson@mmcable.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions