Search for content in message boards

Foster, Palmer, Kendrick, McKissick, Long, Smith, Kelley/Kelly of Union Co, SC

Foster, Palmer, Kendrick, McKissick, Long, Smith, Kelley/Kelly of Union Co, SC

Patti Foster Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Foster, Palmer, Kendrick, McKissick, Long, Smith, Kelley/Kelly
Hi: Looking for info on Fosters originally of Charlotte Co, VA (abt 1783) then to Union Co, SC, abt 1806.

Joseph Josiah Foster, son of Josiah Foster, Jr d 1856 Union Co SC and Mary Martha McKissick, b Charlotte Co VA, believe died Union Co, SC. She had a brother Joseph McKissick who married Rhoda Palmer.

Joseph Josiah Foster married abt 1854 Union Co Sc to Julia Ann Kendrick.

Julia Ann Kendrick, daughter of John G. Kendrick b abt 1804 who married Nancy O. Smith, his first wife.

Sallie Jane Palmer, daughter of William Long Palmer and Mary A. Kelley/Kelly.

married Thaddeus Kendrick Foster; their children were:

John Palmer Foster, b 1891
Marian Foster, b abt 1888
Alba Foster, b abt 1893
Edna Foster, b abt 1883 d 1906, Union Co, SC, married Arthur Kendrick abt 1903

Re: Foster, Palmer, Kendrick, McKissick, Long, Smith, Kelley/Kelly of Union Co, SC

Leonard Comer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 2:18PM GMT
Is this the same Josiah Foster that Fosters Chapel Methodist Church is named after.

Leonard Comer

Re: Foster, Palmer, Kendrick, McKissick, Long, Smith, Kelley/Kelly of Union Co, SC

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 2:14AM GMT
Leonard: Yes, of that family. As I understand it, Josiah Singleton Foster contributed and help build Foster's Chapel, and the Kendrick who was Julia Ann Kendrick married to Joseph Josiah Foster, my gg-grandfather was daughter of John G. Kendrick, who was ordained at the Pacolet (Scull Shoals) Baptist Church and John G. was married to Nancy O. Smith. Now, my ggg-grandfather, Josiah Foster, Jr. was married to Mary Martha McKissick, I believe she was daughter of Isaac McKissick and Margaret Walker, with a brother, Joseph McKissick. My g-grandfather, Thaddeus Kendrick Foster, son of Joseph Josiah Foster, was married to Sallie Jane Palmer who was daughter of William Long Palmer and Mary A. Kelley/Kelly. Do you know or have info on these families ? If so would be interested in you contacting me direct and us exchanging info and/or comparison of notes --I would certainly appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks Patti

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2004 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: McKissick; Walker; Belton
I am searching for a Charles Walker McKissick (married to Adeline); father of Randolf Belton McKissick (my grandfather who was born in 1870), Clarence, Moody, Oliver and Berta.
They were born in SC. When I saw your note including the surname of Walker as well as McKissick, I decided to write to see if you've ever heard of my people.

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 11:58AM GMT
Sorry, Virginia, these names are unfamiliar to me, the only Walker info I have is that posted.

Posted: 13 Jun 2006 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins, Kelly, Looper, Caddell, Castleberry, Clark, Phillips,Tidmore, Sims/Simms/Symes, Hartsfield, Howard, Trice,
Who are the Kelley/Kelly's referenced in the subject line. I am looking for Samuel Kelly possibly in Union Co., SC. b. 1826. I do not know who his parents are. There is a William and Timothy there with sons that are in his age range at the proper time.

Samuel m. Eliza A. Hawkins (d/o Elisha Hawkins & Elizabeth Guthrie/Guthery(etc.). Elisha Hawkins is in Union Co., SC in the 1830 & 1840 census.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks.

Beverley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions