Search for content in message boards

where is Echt

where is Echt

Jenna (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2005 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Muijres, Muyres, Stelten, Jorissen, Welters
My family is from Nieuwstadt but my great grandmother is from Echt Netherlands. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know which province it is in or where it is. I'm looking for Anna Welters who immigrated to Canada if anyone knows that name.

Re: where is Echt

Gerard Vandeberg (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2005 8:36PM GMT
It is a bit north and west of Nieuwstadt, not really too far. I am actually doing most of my research now in Echt records. I have most of the Mormon microfilms for Echt on permanent loan

Posted: 8 Dec 2005 11:40PM GMT
Thank You!
I have been searching for Anna Welters's parents.
I know Anna was from Echt Holland she was born 15 Aug 1878. She immigrated to Minnisota U.S.A. then to Saskatchewan Canada and died in Humbolt in 1948.
She was married to William Muyres Who is my great grandfather.
Just a few clues I hope will help.
I am realy grateful for your response and look forward to hearing from you again.

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 3:31PM GMT
I neglected to ask you some time ago where your Muyres ancestors come from. Many of the Minnesota Muyres (also Muijres) are my relatives via our common Roufs ancestors at Nieuwstadt.

Jenna Muyres-Pruner (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2006 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: Muyres, Muijres, Roufs
My Muyres (Muijres) anncestors come from Nieuwstadt I think as far back as there are records kept. Both the women's and men's families are from there. They went to Minnessotta, then went to Canada.
I wounder if you would be able to tell me any new info on the Roufs line. I'm working on a 15 generation pedigree chart and as far as the Roufs line goes I only have Anne Marie Roufs born 1769 in Nieuwstadt. Died Feb 10 1837. She is the first Roufs in my direct blood line and I would love to know who her anncestors were.

Edith Lueke (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2006 3:28AM GMT
My ancestors also came from Nieuwstadt and Echt. I visited both places a couple of years ago.
Their names were Meuleners and Meuwissen, mostly,
Edith

Maria Anna Elisabeth Roufs Was: Re: where is Echt

Posted: 15 Mar 2006 5:10AM GMT
Here is what I know. You would be related to the Jordan/Winsted Roufs, where as my Roufs are related to the Cologne, Minn. Roufs. These families both came from Nieuwstadt, but we do not know the relationsip.

Ancestors of Maria/Anna Elisabetha Roufs - 14 Mar 2006
--------

FIRST GENERATION

1. Maria/Anna Elisabetha Roufs1 was baptized on 5 SEP 1771 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Reinerus Mons noe Arnoldi Mons, and Maria Roufs. She was born about 5 SEP 1771 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. She died on 10 FEB 1837 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.3 Witnesses were Herman Muijres, son, and Frans Theodor Keiens.

SECOND GENERATION

2. Joannes (Roefs) Roufs4 was baptized on 26 JAN 1737 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.4,2 Godfather was Godefridus Enweeghen cuius vices supplevit Leonardus Dohmen; Godmother was Catharina Roefs. He was born about 26 JAN 1737 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He died on 21 JAN 1807 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1 He was married to Catharina (Maria) Judith (Mons) Monnens on 26 AUG 1764 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 Wiitnesses were Wilhelmus Roufs and Henricus Fijen.

3. Catharina (Maria) Judith (Mons) Monnens was baptized on 26 NOV 1736 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Catharina Murers and Arnoldus Monnens. She was born about 26 NOV 1736 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. She died on 14 MAY 1812 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.5 Witnesses were Theodor Jessen and Pierre Meuleners. Joannes (Roefs) Roufs and Catharina (Maria) Judith (Mons) Monnens had the following children:

i. Maria Elisabeth Roufs was baptized on 28 FEB 1765 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 Witnesses wsere Maria Engwegen and Reinerus Mons. She was born about 28 FEB 1765 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.
ii. Godefridus Wilhelmus Roufs6 was baptized on 29 APR 1766 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 Witnesses were Elisabeth Muijrers and Wilhelmus Roufs. He was born about 29 APR 1766 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He died on 20 APR 1851 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.7 Witnesses were Jan Hermanus Roufs, his son, and Jan Smetess (?) a neighbor. He was a farmer.8
iii. Petrus Reinerus Roufs1 was baptized on 20 APR 1769 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Hermanus Hennen noc Petri Roufs and Maria Cornelia Mons. He was born about 20 APR 1769 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2
1 iv. Maria/Anna Elisabetha Roufs.
v. Joannes Hermanus Roufs1 was born about 20 JAN 1774 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He was baptized on 23 JAN 1774 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Wilhelmus Roufs noe Joannes Roufs, and Cornelia Mons. He died on 17 NOV 1817 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.9
vi. Anna Catharina Roufs10 was baptized on 23 MAR 1777 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 Witnesses were Joannis Wilhelmus Jaspers cuius vices supplevit Andreas/Arnoldus Monnens and Anna Catharina Roufs.
She was born about 23 MAR 1777 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.She died on 16 JUL 1816 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,5 Witnesses were Bartholomeus Gruijls and Laurent van den Bergh.
vii. Joannes Reinerus Roufs1 was baptized on 1 SEP 1780 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Anna Maria Hacken and Hermanus Hennen. He was born about 1 SEP 1780 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.

THIRD GENERATION

4. Godefridus (Roefs) Roufs4 died on 7 OCT 1757 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.11,2 He was married to Maria Enwegan (Enweeghen) on 18 OCT 1733 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.12 Marriage witnesses were: Godefridus Linwegen, Barbara Linwegan. Linwegan is probably the same name as Enweeghen.

5. Maria Enwegan (Enweeghen)4 was baptized on 19 NOV 1705 in Limbricht, Limburg, The Netherlands.1 Witnesses were Ida Cranen and Leonardus Engwegen. She was born about 19 NOV 1705 in Limbricht, Limburg, The Netherlands. She died on 5 JAN 1781 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 Last name is also spelled Linwegan. Godefridus (Roefs) Roufs and Maria Enwegan (Enweeghen) had the following children:

i. Wilhelmus (Roefs) Roufs4 was baptized on 11 JUL 1734 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.4,2 Godfather was Petrus (Roefs) Roufs; Godmother was Barbara Craenen.) He was born about 11 JUL 1734 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He died on 10 JUL 1805 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1 11 Vendemaire An 14. Witnesses were Hermanus Roufs, son ,and Giles Bovendeerd. He was a tailor.1
2 ii. Joannes (Roefs) Roufs.
iii. Petrus Roufs1 was baptized on 5 MAR 1739 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Petrus Enghwegan cuius loco adstilit Petrus Roes (Roufs) and Barbara Roes (Roufs). He was born about 5 MAR 1739 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.
iv. Maria/Anna Barbara Roufs12 was born on 23 JUL 1742 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.11,2 Godparents were Hermanus Jessen and Barbara Craenen replacing Ida Enweeghen. She died on 28 JAN 1796 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.1,2 She was buried on 30 JAN 1796 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.11,2
v. Hermanus Roufs was baptized on 23 OCT 1744 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.4,2 Godfather = Leonardus Enghwegen cuius vices supplevit Theodorus Geurts; Godmother = Maria Roufs. He was born about 23 OCT 1744 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He died on 3 JAN 1776 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.13,2 Ongehuwd (single)
vi. Anna Catharina Roufs was baptized on 25 OCT 1747 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.4,2 Godfather = Adamus Vaeghs; Godmother = Anna Veurschat cuius vices supplevit Elisabetha Jessen. She was born about 25 OCT 1747. She died on 9 AUG 1777 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2
vii. Vincentius Roufs1.

6. Reinerus Monnens1 was born about 1708.2 Year of birth is based on age given at death. He died on 27 DEC 1794 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 He was buried on 29 DEC 1794.2 Monnens is also spelled Mons. He was married to Elisabeth Muijres date unknown.

7. Elisabeth Muijres1 was born about 1703.2 Year of birth based on age given at death. She died on 20 JAN 1788 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 She was buried on 22 JAN 1788.2 Reinerus Monnens and Elisabeth Muijres had the following children:

3 i. Catharina (Maria) Judith (Mons) Monnens.
ii. Christianus Monnens was baptized on 12 MAR 1740 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.2 Witnesses were Mathias Monnens and Jebula Murers. He was born about 12 MAR 1740 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.
iii. Maria Cornelia Monnens was born about 1740.14 Year of birth based on age given at death. She died on 21 SEP 1828 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.15 Witnesses were Nicvolaas Fijen and Theodor Muijres, neighbor.
iv. Arnoldus Monnens1 was baptized on 6 NOV 1748 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. Witnesses were Joanna Murers and Martinus Monnens. He was born about 8 NOV 1748 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands. He died on 3 APR 1814 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.5 Witnesses were Henri Vlecken and Pean Pierre van den Bergh.

FOURTH GENERATION

8. Wilhelmus Roufs1,16. He was married to Catharina ?????? date unknown.

9. Catharina ??????11. Wilhelmus Roufs and Catharina ?????? had the following children:

i. Maria (Roefs) Roufs12 was born about 1715. She died on 3 JAN 1787 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.13,2 Leeftijd: 72 jaar; Opmerking: 13.00 uur, weduwe. She was buried on 5 JAN 1787 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.13,2
ii. Petrus (Roefs) Roufs12.
iii. Barbara Roufs died on 4 APR 1741 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.13,2 Ongehuwd (single)
4 iv. Godefridus (Roefs) Roufs.
v. Catharina Roufs1 died on 5 JAN 1754 in Nieuwstadt, Limburg, The Netherlands.

10. Joannes Enwegan (Enweeghen)1. He was married to Barbara Cranen date unknown.

11. Barbara Cranen1. Joannes Enwegan (Enweeghen) and Barbara Cranen had the following children:

5 i. Maria Enwegan (Enweeghen).
SOURCES

1. Wim Donners. email dated 24 April 2000.
2. LDS Microfilm.
3. LDS Microfilm #0110503. Register voor De Akten van den Burgerlijken Stand der Gemeente Nieuwstadt voor het jaar 1837.
4. Irma Lommen-Salden. Nieuwstadt dopen 1723-1797, received March 11,1998.
5. LDS Microfilm #0110502.
6. Joel Guggemos. Roufs In Minnesota. p.11.
7. LDS Microfilm #0250843. Register voor Dood Akten voor het jaar 1851 der Gemeente Nieuwstadt.
8. Wim Donners. data received from Wim Donners by email August 2000.
9. LDS Microfilm #0110502. Regist Van Den Burgerlijen Staat Der Gemente Nieuwstadt Voor Het Yaar 1817.
10. Peter L.M. Van Hoof, Secretary -- Heemkunde Vereniging Nieuwstadt. data mailed from Nieuwstadt, NL 11 Jan 1999, received at Havre, Montana, 25 Jan 1999.
11. Peter L. M. Van Hoof. email dated 27 Aug 2000; hoofnwstadt@hetnet.nl.
12. Irma Lommen-Salden. Nieuwstadt huw. 1723-1797, received March 11, 1998.
13. Irma Lommen-Salden. Nieuwstadt overl. 1727-1797, received March 11, 1998.
14. LDS Microfilm #0110503. Register voor de Akten van Geboorten, Huwelijken en Sterfter den Gemeente Nieuwstadt voor het jaar 1828.
15. Ibid. Register voor de Akten van Geboorten, Huwelijken en Sterfter den Gemeente Nieuwstadt voor het jaar 1828.
16. Peter L. M. Van Hoof. email dated 27 Aug 2000; hoofnwstadt@hetnet.nl. Peter is the one who put names to the parents of Maria, Petrus, Barbara, and Godefridus.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 7:56PM GMT
Maria Elisabetha Roufs was baptized on 5 Sep 1771 in Nieuwstadt and died on 10 Feb 1837 in Nieuwstadt. She married Johannes Wilhelmus Muijres on 29 Sep 1799 in Nieuwstadt. Maria's siblings were Maria Elisabeth, Godefridus Wilhelmus, Petrus Renerus, Johannes Hermanus, Anna Catharina, and Johannes Renerus. Their parents were Johannes Roufs and Catharina Maria Judith Monnens. Johannes Roufs parents were Godefridus Roufs and Maria Engwegen. Godefridus Roufs parents were Wilhelmus and Catharina Roufs.

Please reply
odie1781@embarqmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic