Search for content in message boards

Jesse Boswell, Anson Co., NC and Darlington Co., SC

Jesse Boswell, Anson Co., NC and Darlington Co., SC

Mary Casper (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boswell, Sumner, O'Brien, Wilkes, Sinclair, McArthur, McNeill, Casey, Dawkins, Hargrove
Looking for information on Jesse Boswell said to be from Anson County, NC and found in the 1860 and 1870 census records for Darlington County, SC. His wife is listed as Lucretia. Children in the 1860 census, Butler Township, are listed as Levi 20, S.C. 17, Elias 16, ? 14, J? 13,
Hannah 12, Robert 11, Lizzie 9, Joseph 7, and John 5.

In 1870, children in the household are Louisa Bowman 30 widow of William Bowman, Anna 27, Hannah 19,
William 16, Joseph 14, John 12, and Evans 10.

Any information on Jesse Boswell and this Boswell line would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Jesse Boswell, Anson Co., NC and Darlington Co., SC

Posted: 2 Aug 2002 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: BOSWELL GRADDICK JENNINGS WEATHERFORD
I believe your message is the crack in my brick wall!!!! I know my ggrandfather Joseph O Boswell B 14 May 1857 Darlington County was the son of Jesse J. Boswell b. 1817 in NC and Lucrecia Barnes B. 1832. I haven't been able to find anything real on Jesse and Lucrecia. Am interested in sharing info. Please e-mail.

Edward Boswell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 4:33AM GMT
My gggraandfather was Elias Boswell, son of Jesse and Lucritia. I have quite a bit of information on my line going back several generations prior to Jesse. If you are interested please contact me at eboswell@bechtel.com. My records and documentation may not be up to some reasearchers standards but I believe it is accurate.

Edward Boswell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 4:41AM GMT
Mary,

Our cousin Suzie Lamb may have already given you my name, and if so you have probably already contacted me. If this is the case then I appologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have been unable to attend to my family reasearch over the last few months. In any case my gggrandfater was Elias Boswell and his father was Jesse. I have information on my family line going back several genrations before Jesse. Please e-mail me and I will get the basic outline to you ASAP.

Sandra Walsh (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Boswell
Edward
Glad for the reply but I am not Mary. Am most interested in the Boswell line but have no way to E-mail you.
Sandra

L D Bass Jr (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2005 3:24PM GMT
My ancestor Josiah Bass married 1) Sarah Boswell (who died having 2nd child. Married 2) Martha Boswell (sister of Sarah, both Sarah & Martha born in N.C. In 1860 Darlington Co SC census Fam #1553 Josiah Bass, Fam #1500 Jesse Boswell, because of the ages and living close to each other, I think Sarah, Martha & Jesse Boswell might be brothers & sisters. Bass farms, Thomas Boswell farms join each other on Wilson/Wayne Co N.C. and Simon Boswell is only a few miles away. Can you help in proving my guess.? Thanks

Posted: 5 Aug 2005 2:24AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Boswell, Davis, Darden Wayne Co. NC
L.D., We may be struggling with the same problem. I am trying to find out about Simon and Ann Cox Boswell's son Jesse who was in Wayne County NC before 1850. Was he the one who married Margaret and is listed in the Wayne County NC Poor House in the 1850 census? Could Sarah, Martha, and Jesse have been the children of this earlier Jesse? And could he have been the father of Simon Boswell who married Sallie Darden--that would make Simon their brother!

Joan Wallace
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions