Search for content in message boards

CASSIDY - DAVIS

CASSIDY - DAVIS

Pat Conner (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CASSIDY, DAVIS
I am researching the following: John CASSIDY b c 1849, wife
Mary DAVIS b c 1846. They immigrated to Pennsylvania via England? in 1871. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

County Mayo

Pat Conner (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy
I have been told (by a 93 year old friend of the family!) that my CASSIDYs came from County Mayo. Does anyone else have any CASSIDYs from County Mayo?
Thanks
Pat

County Mayo

Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Davis
I'm taking a wild guess, but assuming that John Cassidy and Mary Davis were from the same town, and assuming that relatives were in the same location at the time of Griffith's Valuation, then a possible point of origin might be the town of Clare in Kilcolman parish in county Mayo. I found a Michael Cassidy, a Patrick Davis, and a William Davis there in Griffith's.

re Mayo Cassidys

Syl Cassidy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am a native of Co. Mayo - my grandfather came from the Parish of Kilmovee, Co Mayo. He had a son John who emigrated to England and we have lost touch with him ever since.
I do not know of any town called Clare in the County so if the person who reponded to your query could give more details re Kilcolman it may help
Hoping this may help you in your research.

Clare Townland

Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Davis
In my previous post, I spoke of a town of Clare. Perhaps I should have just called it Clare townland. It's just that the locations given in my Griffith's Valuation Index indicate a town since they have street names: "Clare, Castle-Bar Street" for Michael Cassidy and William Davis, "Clare, Church Street" for Patrick Davis. Where it is, I don't know. However, it can be found in the IreAtlas Townland Database (www.seanruad.com).

Re: County Mayo

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: cassidy
my family is from county mayo. James Cassidy came to US in 1880's
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions