Search for content in message boards

Deal/Glinton/Pratt/Knowles/Sims

Deal/Glinton/Pratt/Knowles/Sims

Yolanda Rotondo (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 7:53PM GMT
Searching for any and all information about my Bahamian ancestors. I've traced my ggg-grandfatherJoseph Hance Deal's arrival as far back as 1823.I have no idea where he came from however it's possible that he settled there earlier than that.I have a document which indicates Abraham Pratt, a Quaker from Pennsylvania,lived on the Island as early as 1755, Henry Glinton c.1783 and Samuel and James Knowles 1789.
Any details no matter how small would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Yolanda Deal Rotondo

tracing my roots

Jeffrey Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 7:08AM GMT
Hi:

I am quite sure judging from the names (Pratt, Deal, and Knowles) that we are related in some way. My mother is a driect descendent of Knowles from Simms, Long Island, Bahamas.

Maybe we should get in touch on this and exchange information. Our trees can only expand!! WOW!!!

Hear from you soon?

Jeff

Re: tracing my roots

Alice Wilson0Lee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 4:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Jeff, I have the Knowles (i believe from the Grand Bahamas) or (Nassau), the Pratts, Roberts, Taylors (Cat Island), Thompson ; Where the Thompson is from I dont know. I do know that my grandmother Betty Roberts(aka) Beatrice had a son by a Rev Thompson. First name I dont know, Other surnames from Cat Island are: Portier, Rolle, Pratts and the Taylors. Can you make a connection? Alice( Alice) Taylor, married Thomas Roberts. They had Alexander, Alfred, Alicia and a George Johnson or Caroline Strapp. Im trying to learn which one, Can you help me?

Alice

Re: Deal/Glinton/Pratt/Knowles/Sims

Cecelia (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 4:57PM GMT
Hi. Yolanda. I too am looking for info about my father, and his relatives who were from the bahamas. His name was Alvin Clarence Deal. His mother was Alexandria Sheba Deal. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Cecelia Deal-Williams

Posted: 3 Jun 2002 2:57PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2003 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Deal/Pratt/Glinton/Glenton/Knowles/Simms/Adderley
Get in touch with me asap so that we may share Deal family info.
Yolanda
Ariel7a@aol.com

Michelle Deal (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2002 11:14PM GMT
I'm looking for information about the Deal/Deale family of Long Island, Bahamas also. My great-grandparents are Frank and Rosada Deal of Lake Worth, Florida (deceased). Any replies welcome.

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 6:17AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 5:05PM GMT
Alvin Deal was my Great Uncle. Alexandria and Alfred his parents were my great grandparents. Alexandria died a few years back she lived into her mid 90's. I visited Long Island last week and brought home 2 beautiful conch shells from Deal's beach on the north end of the island.

Posted: 3 Aug 2003 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Burrows,Sweedings,Dorkins,Armbrister are relatives from Bahamas
Hi Alice:

I am related to the Pointie's (inwhich are in Key West, Florida too), Rolle's, and (Pratts are from my grandmother (North Eleuthera, Bahama Island. My grandfather is from Old Bight, Cat Island, Bahamas. His name was Harry Saulmajor (or) Salmajor Jones, (b) Oct.,1, 1892, (d) April 29, 1971 in Key West, Florida.

Please feel free to e-mail if you want.

Beverley A. (Jackson) Bello

Posted: 13 Aug 2009 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Knowles/Spatches/Cartwright/Simms
James Alexander Knowles b. 11/10/1812 (parents Joseph Alexander Knowles & Eleanor Newman) married an Mary Ann Spatches b. 1808 Bermuda. They had two sons - Alexander Edward Knowles b. 12/10/1850 & Frederick Forrester Knowles b. 4/3/1853. Frederic Forrester married a Athelinda Adalaide Simms and had a son Frank Chrysostom Padimore Knowles who immigrated to US ended up in Broward (Hallendale) and joined WW1 in 1917. Alexander Edward Knowles b. 12/10/1850 married a Mary Elizabeth Louise Knowles b. 1850(parents Arthur Newman Knowles and Elizabeth Cartwright)and they had approx. 10 children. One was my grandfather, Addington Cramer Knowles b. 10/4/1893. He apparently came to US with his cousin, Frank C.P. Knowles and alson joind WW1 in 1917 and lived in Broward (Hallendale) My father, Addington W. Knowles b. 1925 is still living.

Posted: 1 Jul 2010 2:23PM GMT
It looks as if I started my research late. My name is Roshawnda Jackson and I am the grand daughter of Alice Sims in which her mother's name was Ruth Irene Sims from Fort Pierce(Saint Lucie County). And looking over records I show individual's whom resident next door to them with the names mentioned above. Their is one living sibling of Ruth Irene Sims. If this maybe ties to your family please seen me an email rladyrasta@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic