Search for content in message boards

Durrett/Winn/Chewning/Smith

Durrett/Winn/Chewning/Smith

Posted: 5 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: Chewning, Smith, Durrett
Looking for information on Frances Durrett and wife Rebecca Winn and their children. Their son supposedly married a Elizabeth Chewning. Both Frances were involved witht he Chewning families in Caroline co. and Louisa Co. Desire any and all information. Also anything regarding any Smiths in connection with these surnames.

Sincerely Tiffany Luchetta

Smith-Chewning

Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Chewning
I do not have anything on the parents of Lee J. Smith but his wife was Rose Evie Chewning, the daughter of Thomas Lewis Chewning and Mattie Lewis Partlow. I have more information on them going back. I only have two children so far, listed for Evie and Lee, a daughter and a son named Thomas R. Smith. Thomas L. Chewning would have been my GGGG Grandmother Lucy Chewnings Great Grand-Nephew which means Rose Evie would be her Great Great Grand Niece. My GGGG Grandmother married John Rezin Smith prior to 1800, both were from Caroline Co. Va. There is another relative that married a Smith-Chewning in Culpeper.

Sincere ly Tiffany Luchetta

Chewning

Judson M. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Evie Chewning 4/30/1877 - 1/21/1953 Married Lee Jackson Smith 10/9/1861 - 1/23/193, both burried at County Line Baptist Church, Caroline County. They had a Daughter Madeline Smith 7/18/1902 - 10/8/1989 Married A. Bernard Driver 5/18/1892 - 7/21/1969

Lee J. Smith heritage/River Hill

Stephen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Luck, Wright, Driver, Chewning
Judson, I have your Lee J. Smith in my records as half brother to my gg grandmother Mollie Margaret Smith who married William W. Wright. Their father was Robert Powell Smith. Mollie was a daughter by Robert's first marriage to Cornelia Luck, and Lee was his son by his second marriage. Mollie and W. Wright are also buried at County Line.

I can get you more information if you're interested. Assuming you are a descendant of Lee, I was wondering if you could tell me about the old family homestead and cemetery, known as "River Hill" somewhere on the North Anna near Chilesburg. According to information I have, it was passed down from Lee Smith to the Madeline Smith & A.B. Driver you mentioned in your post. I was interested in trying to locate it and perhaps see the cemetery if it's still there.

Regards,
Steve

p.s. - I'll cross post to your e-mail just in case.

Re: Lee J. Smith heritage/River Hill

Tiffany Luchetta (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Chewning, Smith, Mason, Dillard, Wright, White
Dear Steve

I will look through some of the things I have collected on the different Smiths in Spotsylvania and Caroline Co. In the last year I decided to try and research that surname in that area. Lee Jackson Smith was married to a Chewning which also comes from my line. During the summer I started collecting what I could find on Robert Powell Smith and his brother Thomas Dillard Smith. I did this while researching my Mason and Chewning family as their daughter Married a Dillard. I have a good idea where Robert P. Smith lived as he purchased the land from William White and William Dillard who married daughters of James Mason and Fanny Chewning. William Dillard was the brother of Mary Dillard who I believe was the Mother to Robert P. Smith. You can email me at TLuchetta@aol.com. I live in California, but have several maps of the area.

Sincerely Tiffany Luchetta

Mason family

Posted: 5 Feb 2006 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Mason, Chewing, Moring, Watson
Dear Tiffany,

I am also trying to research the Mason family in Caroline Co. In my notes I found a reference to a Susan Mason marrying a Robert Chowing/Chewing. I am specifically looking for a John B. Mason born in Caroline Co abt 1824 and his sister Elizabeth born July 1833. Have you run across any of these names in your research?

Thank you
Lisa

Re: Mason family

Posted: 5 Feb 2006 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Mason
Lisa you can reach me at TLuchetta@aol.com I think I have found something on your family. Do any of these names sound familar; John Brock Mason, Elizabeth James Mason, Benjamin Lewis Mason and Nancy Carter Mason?

Tiffany

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 8:07PM GMT
Hello Steve, If you recall I met you at County Line Church a few years back and took you to see the Smith Family Cemetery at River Hill.

I am interested in William W. Wright that married Mary Molly (Caroline) Smith, Robert Powells sister. I can not find any info on him.

You can e-mail me direct at smith1938@verizon.net

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 12:41AM GMT
Steve if you are still around drop me an e-mail smith1938@verizon.net.

Thanks,

Jud Smith
PS: RE: William W. Wright

Re: Mason family

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Mason
Hello,
I was reading some older posts about the Mason family in Caroline County and you had mentioned info about John Brock Mason, Elizabeth James Mason, Benjamin Lewis Mason and Nancy Carter Mason. I have these people in my tree, but need more info on them -- could you share your data?
Thank you for your help.

Kathy G
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions