Search for content in message boards

Jack Walton of Toronto, Son of Edgar Francis Walton

Jack Walton of Toronto, Son of Edgar Francis Walton

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walton, Kelly, Crooks
I am looking to track down a Jack Walton, son of Edgar Francis Walton and Ellen "Nellie" Crooks.

Jack is my Grandmother's cousin; she is the daughter of William Lionel Walton and Amelia Gertrude Kelly.

My Grandmother lives in Toronto and thought that at some point her cousin Jack had as well. As I've started building the tree, she has been asking me if I found anything on him, as she says if he is still alive she would like to get in contact.

If anyone can let me know whether Jack is still around, it would be great. If he is, I would be happy to give my information so he can contact us, if he would prefer not to give his out.

Thanks very much,
Emily

Re: Jack Walton of Toronto, Son of Edgar Francis Walton

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 3:01PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2012 3:08PM GMT
Emily; I found a obit for a William "Jack" Walton maybe this is your g-grandfather or could it be the Jack your looking for? I've never seen a William being known as Jack before. But this obit says his wife was named Kate and your mentioned that your grandmother's name was Amelia Gertrude so maybe its another one.

I can't believe it after I found this one I found another so I edited the message and attached it, who would have thought that there is two William Walton's known as Jack of course the 2nd one has a middle name as Jackson.
Attachments:

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Walton
I don't think either of these are him, as I think if he's died it's been much more recent than that.

It's funny though, the first one, while it doesn't seem to be someone from my tree, does list him as being buried at Pine Hills Cemetery where the Waltons in my family are buried...I wonder if that's a coincidence or if it's a relative I don't know of!

I'll show them to my grandma and see if she recognizes any of the other names- thanks!

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 7:20PM GMT
Not related, but just to give some timeframe to these events:

Edgar Francis Walton, bachelor, aged 23, of 29 West Avenue, Toronto; born England; son of John Walton & Ellen Gaunt; married Ellen Crooks, spinster, aged 20, of 23 Edwin Avenue, Toronto; born England, daughter of John Henry Crooks and Mary Jane Kelly. 7 October 1925 in Toronto.

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 8:54PM GMT
If his parents were married in 1925 then he would have been born after that I would guess, so its possible he's still with us. I found this link below for a Jack Walton maybe you can write him or give him a call to see if it might be him.

http://www.locatefamily.com/W/Wallensteen_to_Waramycia/Walte...

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 1:14PM GMT
Thank you!

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Walton, Kelly, Crooks
Hi Emily
When I read your query re: surnames Walton, Kelly and Crooks, I thought I had some information that might be of interest.
My husband Richard Allan Crooks is the son of Thomas Edward Crooks and Lillian Harris. His grandmother was Mary Jane Kelly (1880-1965)and John "Jack" Henry Crooks(1883-1931).
Mary Jane was the daughter of Thomas Kelly and Elizabeth Edmondson. She had a brother Thomas Henry "Harry" Kelly, and two sisters Amelia Gertrude and Agnes Elizabeth Kelly.
Mary Jane married Jack on Sept 3,1904 in Carlisle, England.
They had 6 children Ellen "Nellie" 1905-??, Thomas Edward 1906-1962, John Henry "Harry" 1907-1964,Sidney 1910-1986, Gerad or Gerard "Jerry" 1916-1951 and Gertrude "Trudy" Elizabeth 1919-1979. Jerry and Trudy were born in Toronto and the family lived on Edwin Avenue.

Nellie married Edgar Francis Walton on October 7, 1925 and I believe they had 5 children: Frank 1926-2009, Helen 1927-2008, Jean, George, and John "Jack" Walton 1934-1988. They lived on Ogden Ave. in Mississauga. My husband can remember going there as a child. Perhaps he met your Grandmother there.

Jack married Carol Anderson (1935-2006) and I believe they had 4 children: James, Judith, Joanne and John Jr.

I hope my research is accurate and is of some help to you.

Joanne

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 7:48AM GMT
Hi Joanne,

Somehow I didn't notice this until now!
Do you happen to have any photos of Mary Jane Kelly or John Crooks that you'd be willing to share? I have one picture of Mary Jane up on my tree. I'm trying to put together a scrapbook for my Grandmother (the daughter of Amelia Gertrude Kelly and William Lionel Walton)as she has very few photos (a lot were accidentally thrown out in the 1990s). If you do, I'd love to see them. My email is victor_dixie@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

Emily
per page

Find a board about a specific topic