Posted: 12 Aug 2000 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2001 2:11AM GMT
Hello, my family line includes:
Rev. Elijah Clayton
John Clayton
Silas H. Clayton
Grover Cleveland Clayton
Jacqueline Clayton - my mother..
The family all lived in Benton Tennessee except for my mother.. any connections?

CLAYTON

Sibyl Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 11:28AM GMT
I have a Maudie Tennessee Clayton, born in Comanche, TX 6-09-1864. I have know knowledge of her beyond that as my family records indicate she was Indian and that is perhaps why I can't find anything more about her. Did any of your relatives shown here migrate to Texas??? I have to believe her middle name means something! Would appreciate a response even if negative.

Maudie Tennessee Clayton

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 5:30PM GMT
Sure sounds promising.. I'll know more hopefully within a week when I get some info from the Historical society .. what I have was done years ago by someone I don't know.. trying to prove the info with sources.. I do know that my gr grandfather died in 1935 and had 35 grandchildren and 39 gr grandchildren.. anything is possible! -=g-

MAUDIE TENNESSEE CLAYTON

Sibyl (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 6:51PM GMT
I am hopeful you will have some information that indicates a move to TX as that line of my research stops with Maudie. I do know that she and Samuel Brooks had 6 children - HATTIE, MABEL, JULIA, ALICE (my great-grandmother), ABNER AND CHARLES, if that is of any help to you.

Tennessee Clayton

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 8:17AM GMT
I just found a Tennessee Clayton, daughter of Robert and Elizabeth Sexton Clayton in census records for TN..

Maudie Tennessee Clayton

Sibyl (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 6:33PM GMT
Thanks you so MUCH!

silas

Donnie Clayton (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:22PM GMT
My fathers name was silas A. Clayton born in Arkansas.but his father was from Tenn. what part I an not sure his name was Albert C Claytonand was married to nancy eudora Looney

Silas Clayton

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 1:07PM GMT
I don't have any Albert Clayton's in my line yet .. my Silas H. Clayton's father was John Clayton..

Re: Silas Clayton

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
this is what i found. silas's wife was margret turner, birth: 7-21-1856-1860, died: 8-6-1886. his father was john clayton

Re: Silas Clayton

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes, I have that..
John's father was Elijah Clayton and Elijah's father was John Clayton married to Hannah Kyle.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic