Search for content in message boards

SINGLETARY FROM THE CAROLINA'S

SINGLETARY FROM THE CAROLINA'S

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Singletary is my great-grandmothers married named. I am searching for her side of the family. I don't know my Great Grand mothers madien name or her first name. She had one child Modestine,Mott,Singletary(my grandmother). She raised Mott in Jacksonville,Fl. Where 90% of family still reside. My grandmother had 14 children and was married twice. To a Sam Brown first and then to my grand father John Smith.
I know my great-grandmother(Granny) had brothers and sisters i'm not sure how many of each she had. So if anyone has knows of Mott and all her kids let me know please. I mean really who could forget about a woman having 14 kids.

Re: SINGLETARY FROM THE CAROLINA'S

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 6:16PM GMT
Singletary is my maiden name. My great grandfather was Dozier Singletary. There are some Singletarys living in Kingstree from his branch. There is a Eula Mae Singletary Wallace who I was told knows the family bloodline. My father was Andrew Singletary.

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 8:26PM GMT
SINGLETARY WAS MY GREAT-GRANDMOTHER'S MARRIED NAME, I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT HER MAIDEN NAME WAS MARTIN. SYBIL MARTIN. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING.

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2009 7:37PM GMT
My name is Jerome Anthony Singletary, son of Reverend jerome Singletary. If this helps at all, my grandmother, Carrie-Bell Singletary-hollingsworth was born in lake City , SC. with several sisters and brothers: Truebell, vernetta, Creola, George, Wallace, Ola, ( and maybe a few more-not sure) their father I believe was named James Singletary. Most moved to Baltimore, which is where I love presently. I would be interested in learning more about my family tree. hey family!

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 8:13PM GMT
Hi Jerome,
I am Sherri Singletary Styles. I have some cousins in Baltimore who I don't know. I don't know the Singletarys in Lake City, but I do know it's not far from Kingstree. My father, Andrew (Bubb) had a cousin name Melvin (Preacher) Green who moved to Baltimore, but he kind of kept to himself. My grandfather was Sam and he had several sisters who lived in Kingstree. One was named Eva Dukes. She had a daughter named Rosana who lived in Dillion. She was a school teacher and had a funeral home call Mutual on Calhoun Street. My father's brothers were Paul and JD who lived here in DC. George (Sonny) lived in Philadelphia. Franklin and Hoover (Did) lived in Kingstree. There are only 2 sisters living now and they both live in Kingstree. Elizabeth (Tweet) Nesmith and Minnie (Monkey) Cannon. Do any of these names sound familiar to you? Ask your father if he have heard of them. The James Singletary that I heard about lived in Kingstree. He had 3 sets of children. Set 1 was Charlie, Wilbur and Irving. Set 2 was Lottie and Eula. Set 3 was Sam and AJ and a few other that I don't know. You can e-mail me directly at styless@od.nih.gov

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 3:02PM GMT
I didn't know Singletary was my great-grandmother's(Sybil Martin) married name. Her maiden name was Martin.

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 1:55AM GMT
I WAS MISTAKEN ABOUT MY GREAT-GRANDMOTHER'S LAST NAME SINGLETARY IS HER MARRIED NAME. MARTIN IS HER MAIDEN NAME (SYBIL MARTIN) BUT SHE IS FROM DARLINGTON,SC I KNOW THAT SOME OF HER FAMILY STILL LIVES THERE.

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Singleton/Singletary/Jones
My fathers family is from South Carolina. His father is Nelson Singleton Jones and mother, Mary Thomas. He also had another son named J.E. Singletary who was a minister in Yulee, Florida. My father was born in Greenville, Madison County, Florida. I have a lot of research so if the names sound familiar, please let me know

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 9:13PM GMT
I am part of the Singletarys in Kingstree, SC. What part of South Carolina are your kin living in? My father's name was Andrew, but some of the family called him "Flat" and some called him "Bubb". His father was named Sam.

Re: SINGLETARY FROM THE CAROLINA'S (Are you related ?)

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Singletary
Do you know any of these Singletary or relative?

Odell Singletary (1928 - 2004)lived in Kingstree and was married to Rich Cunningham.
Other relative living in Kingstree related to the Singletary: Burrows Family
McGill Family
Peterson Family

JOSEPH SINGLETARY

I'm seeking information on the parents and siblings of JOSEPH1 SINGLETARY, he was born 1852. He married JANE (last name unk) in South Carolina. She was born May 1856.

Children of JOSEPH SINGLETARY and JANE are:
AURILLA2 SINGLETARY, b. Abt. 1887, Lake City, South Carolina.
. MELVIN SINGLETARY, b. Abt. 1888, Lake City, South Carolina; d. South Carolina.
WELLIE SINGLETARY, b. Abt. 1889, Lake City, South Carolina.
REINE SINGLETARY, b. Abt. 1892, Lake City, South Carolina.

MELVIN2 SINGLETARY (JOSEPH1) was born Abt. 1888 in Lake City, South Carolina, and died in South Carolina. He married EVA BROWN. She was born 1904 in South Carolina, and died in South Carolina.

Children of MELVIN SINGLETARY and EVA BROWN are:
ROSA3 SINGLETARY, b. 1922, Cedar Swamp, Williamsburg County, South Carolina.
ANNIE M. SINGLETARY, b. 1924, Cedar Swamp, Williams burg County, South Carolina.
MAGGIE SINGLETARY, b. 25 Mar 1925, Cedar Swamp, Williamsburg County, South Carolina; d. 15 May 2006, Kingstree, Williamsburg County.
ODELL SINGLETARY, b. 15 Apr 1928, Cedar Swamp, Williamsburg County, South Carolina; d. 24 May 2004, Kingstree, Williamsburg County, South Carolina.
MARVIN SINGLETARY, b. 05 Apr 1932, Cedar Swamp, Williams burg County, South Carolina; d. 18 Aug 2007, Soperton, Treulen, Georgia.
MELVIN SINGLETARY, b. 22 Nov 1942, Cedar Swamp, Williams burg County, South Carolina; d. 12 Aug 2002, Lake City, South Carolina.

Any and all information would be appreciated.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions