Search for content in message boards

Frederick Kerkow

Frederick Kerkow

Darlene Watson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 1:07PM GMT
Does anyone know any information on Frederick kerkow, and his wife Henrietta. Frederick was born Jun 1830 in Prussia. Henrietta was born 1820 in Prussia

Re: Frederick Kerkow

colette chaffee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerkow; Skelley
I have a copy of the 1870 census listing Fred and Mary Kerkow and their family. You probably have this by now. I am with the Mower County Genealogical Society of Austin,MN and am looking for information on a Harold Kerkow, who died in Nederland Tx on Feb.3 1979. He was born in MN in Mar. of 1917 to Harry and Ione Skelley Kerkow. His granparents were Charles and Mary Koethe Kerkow. I am looking for any information on his family, as well as, his obituary. While doing this research I have located other Kerkow families, some who have done considerable research.

Posted: 14 Jun 2005 10:39PM GMT
I was just trying to find my line of Skelley's who are from Calif. and Iowa and your Kerkow-Skelley caught my attention. My sister married a Kerkow from North or South Dakota. My line of Skelley's lived in Long Beach and Pasadena from about 1900 before that it was Iowa.

Susan Johns (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2005 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Kerow-Skelley
Susan, thank you for the reply. I had email correspondence last yr. from a California Skelley ( Linda ) married to Kerkow, whose family was from the midwest. It may have been your sister. I did some research for a man on a Harold ( Harry ) KERKOW m. Ethel Ione SKELLEY. They both lived in Austin, MN at the time of the marriage in 1913, but the Skelley's were from Iowa and did move back to Iowa. Harry and Ethel ended up in Wisconsin. Harry's brother Roy Kerkow, moved to CA as a young man and remained there. I know nothing about him and neither did a nephew here in MN...in fact he'd never heard of his uncle Roy! Amazing to me. Ethel's Dad was, William H. , Mom was Jennie; children: Florence M., Howard and Imogene M. Skelley. In 1910 they were in Iowa and in 1920 were in Iowa.
Colette Chaffee

Posted: 15 Jul 2005 10:54PM GMT
thank you for your reply. It sounds like my sister. her name is Linda and they live in So. Ca. Sorry to say it sounds like its not the same Skelley's. My Dads family were in Iowa when my grandfather was born, In or around 1896. Kerkow is not that well knowen a name, at least not in Ca. Neither is Skelley. Funny how names cross.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions