George A. Langford 1974

George A. Langford 1974

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: LANGFORD, JARVIS, BARNES
igby Courier April 25 1974
George A. Langford

George A. Langford died at his home in Weymouth Falls on Tuesday April 16. He was 98 years of age , the son of the late Albert and Annie [Jarvis ] Langford . He was the last of his family.
George Al as he was affectionately called, had been failing in health for some time and had returned from Digby General Hospital that week. He was an active man for his age ,loved to sing, and would tap his feet, clap his hands in rhythm to the lively music he enjoyed. A devote Christian, he would sing the gospel hymns, and declare his faith to everyone. He was a member of Mount Beulah United Baptist Church. He was a woodsman by trade.
He leaves to mourn his wife, Hattie with whom he recently celebrated his 75th. Wedding anniversary , and whose 93th birthday was on April 24th.
Three daughters , Norman [Mrs Walter Barnes ] who resided with him , Katherine [Mrs Wendell Langford ] Marjorie [Mrs Austin Langford ] and one son George all of Weymouth Falls .One daughter Cynthia and 2 sons Ivan and Vernon predeceased him. He leaves 23 grandchildren and numbeous great grand children and some great-great grandchildren. The funeral service was held from Mount Beulah United Baptist Church with Rev. Merele Zimmerman officating. The choir from Weymouth Church of Christ supplied the music . Flowers were in abundance showing the affection and esteem in which he was held. Pallbearers were Cecil Simmons, Gillford Jarvis, Nelson Cromwell and Harrison Jarvis . Interment was in the family lot.

Re: George A. Langford 1974

Clyde S. Tasco Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2001 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
George A Langford was my great-grandfather. I am the grandson of his daughter Marjorie(Mrs Austin Langford). My mother is Bessie Langford who married Clyde Tasco of Beechville. Any more info you have on my family would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.....Clyde Jr.

Re: George A. Langford 1974

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,not sure if you are still on ancestry or not but if you are let me know and i may be able to help you out with some information about the Langford family. My father knew George al well and dealt property with them,,very respectable people,sad to see them go.My e-mail address is dova79@hotmail.com. Have a great day.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions