Search for content in message boards

Moore Decendants

Moore Decendants

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2003 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Emerson, Fenter, Hardage, etc
Hi,

I am looking for any and all decendants of Joseph C. Moore, James W. Moore, Martha L. Moore, and Lillie B. Moore. All known children of James Andrew More and Martha A. Richardson.

Also decendants of Robert H. Moore son of Joseph F. Moore and Leannah C. Fenter.

If anyone recogonizes these names please email me.

Thanks,
Pat

Re: Moore Decendants

David Moore (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2003 4:22AM GMT
In case you didnt get my earlier email I am related to Christopher Washington Moore, son of Joseph F Moore
Thanks for your reply from this board.

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2003 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Emerson, Fenter, Hardage, etc.
David,

I don't know if you are getting my emails so I thought I would go ahead and post here as well.

Is Christopher Washington Moore the son of Mary Turner?
I have tried to find Joseph F. Moore in 1880 and haven't been able to. Guess I am not looking in the right place.

Where was Christopher born and when?
Did you get the information I had on the decendants of William Moore and Mary Unknown?

Pat

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2003 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Fenter, Sheiffield
David,

Light bulbs on! Christopher Washington is Leannah C. Fenter and Joseph F. Moore's last child. Christopher was born 1872 and was living with is sister Martha H. Moore Sheiffield and her husband Jonathan Sheiffield. I had him in my FTM. Just listed as Washington. Still looking for Joseph F. Moore in the 1880 census for Hot Spring Co. AR. Do you think he could have gone to OK?

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2004 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I cant say for sure but I think Joseph Franklin Moore died before 1880. Two of his children were listed in the 1880 census as living with Theodore Fenter and his wife Rebbecca Adalee (Moore) Fenter. The children were Joseph Albert Moore (my G Grandfather) and Leannah C.Moore (the C is for Caroline.) Rebecca is J. F.'s sister. If there is a way you can contact me please do. I need info that you obviously have. Please respond.

Posted: 7 Jul 2004 9:40PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2005 12:20AM GMT
Hi Pat and Tracy - Martha H Moore was married to William Jonathan SHUFFIELD, the son of Everett Henderson Shuffield Sr and Elizabeth Lookadoo. The Shuffields and Moores had more than one marriage between them (as you know Pat.) I am also still looking for the Moore connection.

Posted: 7 Jul 2004 9:49PM GMT
I'm confused. I do not have Joseph Albert Moore or Leannah C Moore in my database. Who were their parents? If Christopher Moore was the son of Joseph F Moore, was there 23 years between the birth of their first child and their last child? Have I put in something wrong? Thanks
Sue

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Emerson, Hardage, Sheffield, Rowe, Fenter
Sue,

Thank you for the information on Martha. I am not sure I had it yet. Will check and make sure. I have been trying to bring Tracy up to date, but I have had computer problems the last couple of weeks. Back on line and will help again I hope.

Now we have beside us (Sue and me) we have Tracy, Rodney, Dave W. Rodney or yes Jim Dave W. brother. Maybe we can get this figure out now. One of us is bound to come up with something.

Pat

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Emerson, Fenter, Rowe, Shefflied, Hardage
Sue,

According to the 1880 census at FHL Christopher Washington Moore son of Joseph F. Moore was born in 1872. But, the 1874 birthday came from one of the decendants of Christopher.

Household Record 1880 United States Census

Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household
Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
Jonathan SHEIFFIELD Self M Male W 22 AR Farmer MS TN
Martha SHEIFFIELD Wife M Female W 22 AR Keeping House TN MS
Christopher SHEIFFIELD Son S Male W 4 AR At Home AR AR
Leanna SHEIFFIELD Dau S Female W 11M AR At Home AR AR
Washington MOORE BroL S Male W 8 AR At Home TN MS
Source Information:
Census Place Valley, Hot Spring, Arkansas
Family History Library Film 1254046
NA Film Number T9-0046
Page Number 525B

Leannah Caroline Moore was living with Rebecca A. Moore and Theodore Fenter on the 1880 census.

Household Record 1880 United States Census

Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household
Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
Theodore FENTER Self M Male W 54 AR Farmer NC NC
Rebecca FENTER Wife M Female W 54 AL Keeping House TN TN
William FENTER Son S Male W 14 AR Works On Farm AR AL
Joseph MOORE Nephew S Male W 17 AR Works On Farm AL AR
Caroline MOORE Niece S Female W 10 AR At Home AL AR
Henry WINFORD Other S Male W 27 TN Works On Farm TN TN
Source Information:
Census Place De Roche, Hot Spring, Arkansas
Family History Library Film 1254046
NA Film Number T9-0046
Page Number 535A

I don't know if he is Leannah C. Fenter Moore's child or not. His death certificate may say so. I don't know if any of them have ordered it yet. I beleive he died in Shelby Co., TN.
I will ask again and see if anyone has ordered it.

Do you know when Leannah C. Fenter Moore died?

Pat

Posted: 8 Jul 2004 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE - SHUFFIELD
I am positive about the spelling of SHUFFIELD. One of the descendants went to church with me and one of the Shuffields, John Dale Shuffield, married Martha Ella Moore, daughter of John Wilkie Moore. Some of the Shuffields also moved to Williamson Co TX. They have a reunion each year and I have got some info from one of the descendants that attends. Martha Ella Moore died during childbirth and John Dale Shuffield married Arminta Brown. The Browns were also from AR. I have another connection to this family because Arminta Brown Shuffield's niece, Susie Ann Brown, married my uncle, Perry Lee Moore. Now, to confuse the issue even more - Richard Shuffield, brother of John Dale Shuffield, married Gordie Hamilton. Gordie's mother was Rhiney Jane Moore, daughter of John Wilkie Moore (granddaughter of Jesse Moore/Roina Hardin.)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic