Search for content in message boards

Descendants of William M Taylor

Descendants of William M Taylor

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 3:54AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 5:01AM GMT
Looking for any descendants of William M Taylor, born ca 1805 Georgia, son of James L Taylor, Sr, or his nephew, William M Taylor, born ca 1842, son of James L Taylor, Jr. Last known link to the elder William M Taylor was the 1860 census, and the last known link to the younger William M Taylor was reference in Cooper County Deed records about 1855. Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Descendants of William M Taylor

Randy Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 5:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Is William M. Taylor son of James "Corn" Taylor b.2-24-1763
d. 05-01-1846. and Mary Lane Taylor?
They had 4 sons, one was William.
As for the nephew, James L. Taylor(son of Corn) b.2-8-1800
d. 2-18-1846 had 10 children with Sylvia O'Bryan, the last of which was William Henry Harrison Taylor, b.2-3-1841
I am decendent of James Taylor and am looking for his ancestry.

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 7:41PM GMT
Looking for a link from John Corn Taylor to husbands grandmother Mary Emma Taylor, who was african american. Friends of Historic society said that there is a good chance there is a link as he owned a large number of slaves in the cooper county area. Mary Emma was born and raised in Boonville in 1923, parents were Amelio and Nellie Taylor, cant find anything on parents. Realize this might be a long shot, but any help would be appreciated! Thanks. Kay Taylor

Edward C Heitz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2002 6:23AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Kay: James Lane "Old Corn Taylor" was born in 1773, came from Georgia after 1806, stopped briefly in Hopkins County, KY, then went to Cooper County, Mo arriving in 1817. He "brought with him a large number of slaves (about 30) and a host of mules". He died in 1846 leaving a large estate of some 1600 acres which was divided among his six children.
Many of his slaves (at least 16) were buried in the Taylor family plot on his land in Sec 19, Twp 47, Range 18, Cooper County. The only markers in this plot are he and his wife, Mary Hampton. To my knowledge, only one or two of his slaves were named in records of Cooper County. His children also owned slaves, the largest group of 19 belonging to his youngest son, John Hampton Taylor, who built the large mansion still standing in southern Cooper County. I have researched this Taylor family for more than twenty years and have lots of data on it.. Will glady help if I can. Ed.

kay taylor (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2002 10:29PM GMT
thank you for responding, will keep in touch with you if I find that there is a relationship there. I just started doing research so will gladly access your 20 years of experience if needed. Thanks! Kay Taylor

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 11:43PM GMT
I am of African American/Native American decendants. Do you have any info on the Taylor Family from MO?

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Boles, Pinkett, Lewis
I am working on African American Taylors from Cooper and Jackson Counties. Where are your relatives from? I believe that I have lines through Amuel Taylor, whose parents were Allie and Laura (Lewis) Taylor. Amuel married Etta Fern Green, and he was killed in 1935 in KC by gunshot. He is buried in Sunset Hills Cemetary in Boonville. I don't have proof yet, but I believe Allie had a brother named Montie Taylor, and that their parents were Henry and Betty Taylor. I belive most of our line is from around Gooch's Mill area. There were church records for New Salem Baptist Church, which was started by several names in our family line, but the records were lost when Hattie Boles, a great aunt, passed on in the 1970's. Does any of this sound like it ties in? Let me know and I will pass on more info as I get it. Thanks!

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, James, Jackson, Casey, Fulton, Swink, Murphy, Mcguire
The Taylor Family members that I'm researching are from Jefferson, Washington, Ste. Genevieve, Perry, and St. Francois Counties. I have a tree named The Taylor Family From MO/Our family tree, that is on Ancestry.com. Cooper County is not far from these areas. I don't see anything that rings a bell yet, but I will let you know. I am searching for Jerome, Sandy, a male, Frank, Edmond, charles, and Robert.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic