Search for content in message boards

Clay Hill

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2004 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Tabb, Booker, Peyton, Cooke, Bolling
Thomas Tabb and John Tabb and their families lived at "Clay Hill" in Amelia county-probably near Petersburg VA from approximately 1681 to the early 1800's. I'm wondering exactly where this was and is the home still standing. Any suggestions or information appreciated.

Re: Clay Hill

Jim Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Thompson
My great-great-great grandfather was born at clay hill, amelia, va october 1853. He was a slave to William J. Barksdale. I been looking for any information concerning clay hill plantation and its whereabouts. Do any one know where the slave records or any history of clay hill?

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2004 12:08AM GMT
Jim,

I will email you with some of the information I have. We are both looking for some of the same things. I have a few leads and ideas that I will be more than glad to share with you.

Margie

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:17PM GMT
Margie~
I am interested in any information you may have about the slaves owned by the Barksdale, Tabb, Eggleston, Archer and other related families in Amelia County, VA. I, too, have done extensive research on this and would love to compare notes. We can email off site at DeloresJones3718@gmail.com.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 12:34AM GMT
Yes. I know exactly where it is located. I have visited the property and owner previously. I lived across the street from the property and believe that my parents property was part of the original plantation.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 12:56AM GMT
Would you be kind enough to email me at dwellwood@aol.com. I would love to share information with you. What families are you researching? Have you ever been to Haw Branch? Thanks Margie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic