Search for content in message boards

Pioneer Families of Franklin Co., VA

Pioneer Families of Franklin Co., VA

Jim Gray (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone make a copy of one or two pages for me from the book, "Pioneer Families of Franklin County, Virginia", by Marshall Wingfield, 1964? I am researching Robert HILL, w/Violet LINUS, children:

Swinfield
Thomas
JoAnna
Ruth
Mary
Hannah
Linus

Have been informed that Robert is mentioned in the book, and would like to obtain a copy of this material. Have not been able to obtain a copy of the book at my local library.

Thanks,
Jim Gray

Re: Pioneer Families of Franklin Co., VA

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 9:08PM GMT
Hi Jim,
I don't have a copy of this book, but I saw it available for purchase on this website: http://www.genealogybookshop.com/

Just thought I would let you know.

Amy

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 12:31AM GMT
Jim - did you ever get the pages you need? If not, I will send them.

Barb S.

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2004 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Dillon, Blankenship, Harrison, Robinson, Wray, Poteet & Morris
Barb,
In the Book "Pioneer Families of Franklin County" does the book have an Alphabetica Index at the back? If so, can you please tell me if any of the following couples are listed in the book? If some of them are listed then I will purchase the book.

William H Harrison & wife, Cynthia 'Sina' Dillon (1800-1873)

William Dillon & wife, Frances 'Fanny' Blankenship (1760-1818)

James Dillon & wife, Mary Robinson (1726-1796)

Benjamin Wray & wife, Susannah Poteet (1750s-1840s)

Moses Wray and wife, Elizabeth Morris (1727-1804)

If you can give me an indication of how much info is available for any of the parties it would certainly help. My EMAIL is Hoffert@mindspring.com

Thanks Carrrie

Posted: 15 Nov 2001 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Blankenship, Gibson, Spaulding, Hall, Greer, Duer, Anderson, Hightower, Wren.
Dearest Carrie, I will copy whatever you want outta that book....yes it does have an index. Copying the FC death records for Poteet for you now. Kingary is her name. :o) Cuz, TT

Dawn Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2002 12:16AM GMT
I am a descendant of Robert Hill. I would be interested in the information in this book. Did you get the information you were looking for?

Connie Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Hedges
Are there any Thompsons listed in the book? I am looking for info on Joseph Thompson who married Elizabeth Hedges in 1790 in Frankin Co. Need birthdate and parents names for Joseph. Thanks! Connie

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Blankenship, Gibson, Spaulding, Hall, Greer, Duer, Anderson, Hightower, Wren.
Connie, will be glad to look for your Thompson's for you...let me find the book again! ha
As far as parents etc...you will have to find that marriage record at the FC courthouse, or whatever co. they were married in. Are you sure??
Give me time....I will reply back. TT

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 1:45AM GMT
Will do and glad to copy for you....email me privately with requests, so I can either snail mail or attach what you need.
:o) TT
tblankus@msn.com

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 2:45AM GMT
Good Golly Connie! I found your problem...they are listed :
Joseph Thomasson & most likely Elizabeth Hodges.
No Hedges listed. This is what you need to search for at the courthouse..or on a websearch. I have 10+ pages only in the Pioneer Book of FC, I have all three and checked.
email me at tblankus@msn.com for instructions...:o) TT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions