Search for content in message boards

Henry Co. GA Deals

Henry Co. GA Deals

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 4:18AM GMT
Looking for info on Joseph Jackson Deal, born July 23, 1809 in Jackson Co. GA, who live for some time in Henry Co. befor coming to AL. His father was either William Deal Dale, or William Wilburn Deal. I have found references to both. Have been told that they came from one of the Carolinas, but have no connection so far. If anyone can help, please reply.

Re: Henry Co. GA Deals

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Deal
My great-grandmother was Rebecca Deal who married Thomas Young. They lived in Stockbridge GA. Know anything about them?

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2002 7:33AM GMT
My uncle Isaac Rogers m. a Mary Deal in DeKalb Co., GA,
Dec. 20, 1874. I do not find anything about her or a Deal
family in DeKalb Co., and am wondering if your Deal family
might be a part of this one?? Isaac and Mary D. Rogers
had one dau. in 1880 DeKalb Co., Ga census, Rebecca, born
ca1878. Any help appreciated.
Please email me directly. rfrogers@netdoor.com

Bill Deal (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DEAL, DALE, AWTREY, ROWDEN, BANKSTON
Joseph Jackson DEAL was my great grandfather; married Annis AWTREY 17 January 1832 in Henry County, GA. He moved the family to Tuscaloosa County, AL in 1856. You can read more about this family in the Tuscaloosa County, AL Heritage Book (© 1999), pages166-167. His father was William DEAL, III; married to Rachel ROWDEN. This family was descended from William DALE family of Bedford County, VA. There may be an incidental connection to Deals in the Carolinas, but I think it would be only that. Happy to share more with you if you wish.

Bill Deal (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 2:57PM GMT
Forgot to mention: William Wilburn DEAL (c. 1877-1961) was son of Marcellus Newton DEAL (1839-1935)--making William Wilburn a grandson of Joseph Jackson DEAL.

marcia sigler (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 11:02AM GMT
Is it possible that William Deel was married to Jewel deel or the father of her? She was a cherokee Indian and she married or had children named "Edna, Harvey, Sue, Leola? The name William and Billie, also Harvey and Ollis comes up alot,

marcia sigler (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 11:02AM GMT
Is it possible that William Deel was married to Jewel deel or the father of her? She was a cherokee Indian and she married or had children named "Edna, Harvey, Sue, Leola? The name William and Billie, also Harvey and Ollis comes up alot,

Bill Deal (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2001 12:29AM GMT
No, I see no connection here at all. Also, my William DEAL, III died in June 1815 as the result of wounds suffered in the Battle of New Orleans. His widow, Rachel ROWDEN, received his war pay in September, 1816 (per original document received from NARA). Sorry.

Paul Betros (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2001 3:12AM GMT
Marriage records of Henry County Alabama shows a William A. Deal and Martha Bailey married 11-14-1865. There are also some other Deals of earlier marriage dates there.

Ed Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 11:49PM GMT
I have scant information on Joseph Jackson Deal (b. July 23, 1809 in Jackson County, GA). Have his father listed as William Wilburn Deal. I believe the confusion on his other recorded name of William Deal Dale is over the last name being either Deal or Dale. Both last names came into vogue. I have the father's birth, not in the Carolinas, but in Georgia. We have William Wilburn Deal as having five children. The are, not in birth order, Benjamin Franklin Deal, Elbert Lafeyette Deal, John Hubbard Deal, Joseph Jackson Deal (1809), Marcellus Newton Deal (b. Apr 25, 1839). The spread of dates between 1809-1839 leaves this information suspect. Does anyone have more accurate information?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic