Search for content in message boards

Moses Kirkpatrick

Moses Kirkpatrick

Keith Witt (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kirkpatrick, Elder, Garland, Witt, Thompson
I am research my 5th g-grandfather. I have been able to trace him to Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania in the year 1800. A history of Westmoreland County indicates that he came with his family from Ireland. If this book is correct, he came to Pennsylvania from Ireland in the year 1800 or shortly before that. With him came his wife Margaret (last name unknown) and at least one daughter Betsy Kirkpatrick. There could have been more daughters that came over with the family but this is the only one I can verify was with them. I have located a Moses Kirkpatrick from the Fax Growers List of 1796. Since my Moses was a farmer also, I thought there may be a connection. This Moses is listed as living in Drumhome Parish, Donegal County. If anyone can give me any information about this Kirkpatrick, I would be greatful.

Re: Moses Kirkpatrick

marge (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 4:26PM GMT
I have a William Kirkpatrick that was born in 1822 in Penn.
I am unable to find his parents, or siblings. However, I do know that he married Hannah Sturm, she was born in 1815 in Ohio. They had three chidren, Morris, my gr gr grandfather, Ira and Jane.
If any of these names match with your Mossis Kirkpatrick family, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you. Marge

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 11:53PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 4:06AM GMT
I am tracing my ancestors too and I have a Moses in my ancestors. He was one of ten children of David Kirkpatrick a prosperous farmer of Clarion County in PA. Maybe is the one you are looking for. Do you have any other information. He as born around 1811..Let me know. Thanks.

Posted: 29 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 4:06AM GMT
I mentioned I have a Moses in my ancestors and he had a brother named William also. Maybe they are related. He was also one of the 10 children of David Kirkpatrick. He was born in or around 1810 - 1815 or so. Maybe there is a connection.
They were from Clarion County in PA and they were methodist and of Scotch origin. If any relation I will appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 1:38PM GMT
My g-grnadfather was Moses K, son of David Shields K. from Pa. They came to KY. Is this your line?. DSK was married to Hannha Baron and Moses may have married more than once. One wife was Ophelia Pierce.

Terry J. Kirkpatrick (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 3:56AM GMT
Was your ggrandfather living in the time period of 1809 to 1820? Was his father name David who was born around 1785 +/-? Were they from Clarion county in PA? If that is correct, then it could be my line. Let me know what you find out. Thank you

Mabeth Kirkpatrick (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Kirkpatrick/Shields
Moses was born in 1830 (Ithink). His father David S. K was born in 1790s in PA. There are several counties mentioned in connection but unclear where he was born. Armstrong, CUmberland, Westmoreland and Indiana counties all have K's who have been realted but DSK is not mentioned by name. There is evidence of some connection to Matthew SHields who died 11/01/1809 and DSK and his father(also Moses) were executors of his will. Anything ring a bell? I cannot make any connections to descendents and would really like to. Many thanks.

Marge (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 2:20PM GMT
My grgrgrandfather, William, was born in 1822 in Ohio. He married Hannah Sturm who was born in 1815 in Ohio also. They had three children that I have found, Morris-my grgrandfather, Ira and Jane. If you match with any of these names, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you. Marge

Marge (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2002 1:32AM GMT
It has been awhile since I have been into genealogy, and was wondering if you have found anything new on Moses Kirkpatrick. Have you found anymore info on William Kirkpatrick?? My e mail is mmlosh@longlines.com. If so please email me. Thanks, Marge

J. Swigert (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2003 4:13PM GMT
RE: Shields connection. Have a copy of a genealogist's report prepared for a fellow Killpatrick/Kirkpatrick researcher.
Written in beside the Matthew Shield/Moses Kirkpatrick will connection is:
"Vol. 10, 1 Nov 1960, Robt. Shield (sic) mention Moses K.
in will proved Oct 27, 1804, Letterkenny Twp".

Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions