Search for content in message boards

Levi Daniel Brewer - Blount/Sevier County, Tennessee

Levi Daniel Brewer - Blount/Sevier County, Tennessee

Posted: 8 Apr 2007 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brewer, Carroll, Myers, Stalans
Searching for descendants of Levi Daniel and Martha Anne Brewer.
On June 2, 2007, we will be holding the Brewer Family Reunion at Mainstay Suites Picnic Pavilion, in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, beginning at 10 a.m.
We are interested in locating descendants of Levi Daniel and Martha Anne Brewer. Their children include Lon Brewer, Mary Elizabeth Brewer {Mrs. Sam Carroll}, Doctor Brewer, Laura E. Brewer {Mrs. Peter W. Myers}, Green Brewer, Dockery Gillespie Brewer, James C. Brewer, Rev. George Washington Brewer, Caney Brewer, and Mattie Lee Brewer {Mrs. John A. Stalans}.
If you need more information please contact me at: Paula Brewer Franklin, 3049 Davis Rd, Rocky Face, GA 30740, or on the internet at: pkeith@alltel.net, or by phone after 6 pm at: 706-694-2343.
If you are descended from one of the families listed above please make plans to join in our celebration of family.

Re: Levi Daniel Brewer - Blount/Sevier County, Tennessee

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Brewer
I know that this posting is from 2007, however, I am a descendant of Green Brewer. He was my great-grandfather. I was wondering if you would be willing to share any info on Levi Daniel Brewer and Martha Anne Brannon Brewer?

I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,
Amanda Mays

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 5:37PM GMT
Amanda,
Yes! I will share any info that I have with you. I know almost nothing about Uncle Green but can remember my Aunt taking my Grandpa to visit him and she would not let me go because he was sick and she was afraid if she let me go the other kids would want to go too and that would be too much noise. Please, please email me at pfranklin@catt.com We just had a Brewer Reunion on Saturday but you aren't too late for the next one.
Oh, I am so excited!
Paula

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 1:47PM GMT
My Brewer family lived in Sevier County, but I have not been able to make a connection between yours and mine. My 2nd great grandfather, Andrew Jackson Brewer 1824 - 1906 (both parents born in VA) born in VA who married Nancy Caroline Airhart and Nancy Galyean, had the following children: Martha Ann 1848; Mary J 1851; Winfield Scott 1853; Nancy Eveilene 1854 - 1906 who married James W. McNutt; George W. 1856; Barbera 1857 - 1894 who married Joseph N. Burnette; Andrew J 1861 - 1907 who married Selia Boling; Eliza 1867; Isabella 1869; Henrietta 1872 - 1934 who married Shade Boling; Adra 1871 - 1937 who married Frank Shade Rogers; Landis Patterson 1879- 1971 who married Emeline Reagan.

Do you of any connection or have info on this Brewer family?
Thanks
Margareta

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 2:27PM GMT
Margareta, My gggrandmother was Josie Brewer, d of A.J and Nancy Galyean. I do not have anything farther back than you do, but I'll share what I have. Are you in Tennessee? I'm vacationing there now if you live in the area. Leaving late tomorrow or early Friday to go back home. If you need cemetery photos I have some at home, or I might be able to find some time to take a few for you.
Do you know where A.J's wives are buried. I don't remember seeing them at Shiloh with him.
email me direct at rraymer@voyager.net
Roy

Posted: 3 Jun 2009 3:16PM GMT
No, I do not have any information on your Brewer ancestor. If I find any, I will let you know.

Regards,
Amanda

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 11:47PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2010 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: brewer, howard
My name is Sheila LaJean Brewer Howard. I am related to you! I am related to Levi daniel Brewer from Blount/Sevier County, Tenn.

I will get my Family Group Sheets together and send them to you this weekend..if you want me to?

Write me back
LaJean Howard
lajeanlajean@yahoo.com

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Brewer, Airhart, Galyean
I am trying to locate more info on Andrew Jackson Brewer from Sevier County, TN. Both his parents were born in VA. He was born March 30, 1824 VA and d. June 25, 1906 Sevier County, TN. He first appears in the 1850 Sevier County, TN Census. He stays there until his death. He married Nancy Caroline Airhart on October 13, 1846 in Sevier County. After her death, he married Nancy Galyean in 1867 in Sevier County. Could there be a connection between Levi Daniel Brewer and Andrew Jackson Brewer?

Any help appreciated
Margaret

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 2:34AM GMT
Hey Margaret,
We have several Andrew Jackson's in the family but I haven't found one with dates any where close to yours. I will keep watch though and let you know if I run across one. I would just about bet there is some connection.

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 10:33PM GMT
Hi
Landis Patterson Brewer was my grandfather He married Emma Reagan. They had 9 childhern. 4 boys and 5 girls.
Boys were Bill Bruce, Doc and Jay. All but Bruce are buried at Ellejoy Baptist Church Cemetery.
I have do not have much information on Landis parents. I know that either his parents or grandparnets came VA.
The mother died and a family by the name Kendricks. They went by the Kendrick's name for years. Bill died in 1935 in a car wreck. The new paper listed his name as BillKendricks.
Even though they were Brewers many people in Sevier area stilled called them Kendricks. All of Landis and Emma's childhern are dead now. My uncle Jay was the last one of them and he died June the 16th 2008.
I know Landis father and brother are buried at Shiolo Cemetery in Sevier County. His brothers name was Scott.
This was all told to me by Landis and my Dad Doc and my uncle Jay.
I hope this helps you. If I can be any more help please let me know
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions