Search for content in message boards

BELLAMY

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2002 11:11AM GMT
My Grandfather William Adolphus Bellamy born in Georgetown, Guyana (formerly British Guiana) came to England approx 1900 and married Alice (Halton?). They lived in the east end of London and had 14 children (only 10 survived). William's father (my Great Grandfather) was called Joseph and I believe William's Mother was a Portugese Jew. I have always been told that my Grandfather was to become a Dr (but never did). One of his brothers became a barrister (in Guyana) and the other a hotelier (again in Guyana). Trying to find any family still in Guyana although I believe many of them may have moved to North America. Any info, no matter how slight would be very much appreciated.

Re: BELLAMY

John Platt (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2002 8:16PM GMT
Tracy:
The 1898 BG Directory:
JH Bellamy, Lot 331 Crown Street, Queenstown, Georgetown [listed as both 'building contractor' and 'carpenter']

WE Bellamy, Lombard Street, Georgetown [listed as a 3rd Grade Commissary of Taxation in Georgetown].

John
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 8:06AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 11:11AM GMT
Hello John

Thank you so much for the information. I believe JH Bellamy was my Great Grandfather, but not too sure about WE Bellamy. Can you tell me how I research the info that you gave me as I've absolutely no idea! Thanks a lot. Tracy
Posted: 30 Apr 2002 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Bellamy
Hi John, I am Traceys cousin also researching our grandfather. Thanks for the info can you tell me how we access the directory you mentioned. My great-grandfather was Joseph Howard Bellamy listed as a carpenter on William's marriage certificate.

Some questions about Bellamy

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2013 1:59PM GMT
Hello,
My name is Régine. I know you haven't been to your account for a long time but i hope you will see this message.

I am the granddaughter of Sinclair Bellamy, born in Georgetown Demerara December 13th 1892, British Guyana, emigrated to France.

The father of Sinclair was Abraham Bellamy and his mother Therese Power (or Poyer, we are not sure of the spelling). We think Sinclair had 9 brothers and sister. One of his sister was named Teresina (maybe a diminutive for Terese, Teresa or Terry). She died in 1957.

Sinclair Bellamy arrived in France approx in 1900. This last clue gives me idea that maybe William and Sinclair were cousins or relatives and decided to travel in the same time for Europe.

It seems that Sinclair Bellamy went first in England then in Belgium (Anvers) and finally in France.

Hoping you will answer this post, any info will be welcome, even if you are not sure of the reference. Thanks you, Cordially, Régine.

Re: Some questions about Bellamy

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 10:29PM GMT
Hi Regine

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I have very little information about my Grandfather apart from the message I posted. The only other information I have from my family is that my Grandfather & his family lived in Carmichael Street in George Town. I also believe that my Grandfather was actually married when he was in British Guyana and I think his wife's name was Matilda. I'm sorry that I don't have any more information.

Unfortunately I have never heard my family mention the names Sinclair, Abraham, Power (Poyer)or Teresina but I will ask my eldest Sister about these names when I next see her.

If you have any more information then please let me know.

Kindest Regards
Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic