Search for content in message boards

John JAMES PA to VA??

John JAMES PA to VA??

Troy James (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2003 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JAMES
Looking for a John JAMES that a son indicated was born in PA in 1880 census. My John would have been born abt. 1776-1780.
He moved to VA and married a Lavinia Smith in Botetourt Co. in 1802. They 8 children George, Matthew, Drusilla, William, Joseph, Robert, Catharine and Hester.
Some of these children moved to IN and OH.
This is my brick wall, but maybe because contact was lost with a move to VA....

Re: John JAMES PA to VA??

Posted: 16 Apr 2003 11:36PM GMT
By any chance is your william born around 1804? I am looking for a John James that may have had a son william in Shelby Ky. At least it appears that William married a Elizabeth in Shelby and then moved to Montgomery co In. around 1830. that my brick wall :(

Troy James (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2003 12:07AM GMT
My William James was born April 1817. The 1804 was too early for him. This is taken from the 1900 census.....

Posted: 20 Apr 2003 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2006 1:38PM GMT
Is your John related to JOHN and ELIZABETH JAMES, who moved from Wales to the Philadelphia area (New Britain and Montgomery Townships) in 1711 with their sons? If so, there's alot of info online about this family in various Bucks County, PA databases. Some members of this family moved from PA to NC in the 1780's, and then on to TN, IN, OH, and the west.

Troy James (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2003 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: JAMES
If these are indeed my John & Elizabeth JAMES, I have not made the connection or filled the gap from my John James. My John was born abt 1775-1780. His son William, b. 1817 says in the 1880 census that his father, John, was born in PA. Since we have exhausted all the VA information we've researched, this PA connection might be why we haven't found his parents.

Can you direct me to some of the better sites for descendants for John & Elizabeth?

Regards.

Posted: 25 Apr 2003 12:13AM GMT
Try this rootsweb-hosted site for starters. The four James sons seem to have had lots of healthy children who married and produced large families of their own. Happy reading.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pabucks/jamesfamily.html

Posted: 28 May 2003 6:19PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2003 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: James
You may want to try my site on Rootsweb. Please look at notes under each family.
First try "Manecia James", and work your way backword from there. I post additional information every week, and I have another James family from PA coming soon.

I would like to know more about your John James. Brothers?
Sisters?
If you have a GEDCOM that can be e-mailed, that would help.

Posted: 31 May 2003 11:05PM GMT
David, Wow, you've done alot of good work with the Bucks County and Rowan County information, which I have thanks to Geri's generousity. I'm a descendant of Catherine James, sister of James James and half-sister of Benjamin James--all of whom moved from PA to NC in the 1780's to live with their aunt and uncle James James and Elizabeth Eaton James.

Kay (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2003 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: James, Ogburn,Williams
Hello, I notice you all are talking about Buck County and Rowan County and Indiana: all possibly part of my line. I just received a death certificate for my gg-grandmother, Nancy James (b 9/18/1829 in Indiana and died April 12, 1900 in Madison County, Indiana). The death certificate showed her father as Morgan James, born in N.C. (could it have been Rowan County?). When using the familysearch site by the LDS, I found a few Morgan James' born in North Carolina. One was a particular interest, it listed a Morgan James born in 1798 in North Carolina to a Benjamin James (born Bucks Co, Pa) and Eunice Williams. That particular Morgan James had a brother named Annon James. MY NANCY JAMES was married to John Henry Maynard. They had, among their children, a son named Annon Wesley Maynard. That caught my eye, that and the fact that Nancy, Morgan and Annon all may have died in Madison County, Indiana. Does any of this sound familiar? Thanks, Kay

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 12:28AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2003 11:52PM GMT
Kay,
I am quite sure you are connected.
The children of Morgan James & Julia Ann Ogburn have not yet been posted, and I am sure this is one of them.
Please send me an e-mail of how you descend, as we are having a data posting party on Sunday, specifically for the descendents of Benjamin James
David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions