1) Amelia M., born Oct 1893 in Illinois
2) Eva H., born November 1894 in Illinois
3) William W., born November 1896 in Illinois
4) Pearl, born about 1901 in Illinois
5) Margaret, born about 1904 in Illinois
6) Delbert, born about 1906 in Illinois
7) Edward, born about 1909 in Illinois
8) Laverne (male), born about 1914 in Illinois

Family stories say that George and Edith were members of the Salvation Army.
Can anyone help us with this family?

Re: George Elkington/Edith Hallas

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello!

I saw your post regarding George Elklington of Knox County (Galesburg, I hope) Illinois. I believe that he was the brother of my great grandmother Martha Elkington who was the wife of James Walters, reportedly both of Paola, Kansas. My grandfather Neal Walters was born in Parker, Kansas in 1898 and died in Bentonville, Arkansas in 1971. My mother says she remembers "Uncle George" from Galesburg--she said he was tall and very English-like. I am researching that side of the family and would love to hear from you if you could help me in any way.

Thanks,

Mark Bailey

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Elkington, Walters, Wells, Rucker
RELATIVE??? My grandmother was Viola Rucker (Walters) and her brother was Neal Walters who owned the U.S. Printing Company in Bentonville, Arkansas. Neal married I believe Martha and had many children. The family was very involved with local politics and his son James went to school with Bill Clinton. My uncle Neal died around 1971.
Neal had a brother Emerson who lived in Missouri and sisters Clara, Marie and my grandmother Viola Ellen. Viola was born in Lebo, Kansas and later moved to Kansas City, Missouri. I don't know about the rest.
My grandmother, Viola, told me her mother was an Elkington.
If any of this matches your info ---PLEASE CONTACT ME at memcdonald@peoplepc.com. I am researching my family roots and am getting nowhere on the Elkington/Walters side.

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Walters, Elkington, Wells, Rucker
I have run across George's family in the 1880 Federal Census . Enumeration district 136 page 9. He is living in Miami, Miami County, Kansas with his mother and other siblings.
My connection is through his sister Martha, who married a Walters in Kansas.
Census shows mother as Margret Elkington 53, keeping house, born in Tenn (? should be Ohio), father from NY and mother from Tenn.
children are Martha age 20, Albert age 18, Harvey age 16, Elfie age 14, GEORGE age 12, anfd Mary E. age 9.
Note all the children were listed as being born in Illinois with their father born in Tenn and their mother in Ohio EXCEPT for George and Mary E. They were born in Kansas.
Please contact me and Mark Bailey. We are connected.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions