Search for content in message boards

Genealogy Search

Genealogy Search

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: BRITTON, BURKE, CLARK, HILL, McGEE, TAYLOR
Hi,
I grew up for the 1st 22 years in WV. I now am searching my ancestors. They are:
James Britton m. Elizabeth Squires (dates unknown). Their son was John Wesley Britton b. abt. 1838.
George Burke m. Emma Pratt. George b. 6/16/1858, Emma b.
3/24/1859, George d. 2/1946 and Emma d. 7/30/1921.
Loughrie Clark m. Sarah Deahl (dates unknown). Their son was John Wesley Clark b. 5/14/1874 m. Annabelle Britton b.
1/31/1877. They m. on 6/2/1896. Annabelle d. 10/4/1910
John d. 11/4/1918
Jasper Hill m. Martha Howard. Jasper b. 5/20/1856 d. 4/20/1941. Martha b. (date unknown) d. 12/8/1928. Their son William Hill b. 10/23/1887 d. (date unknown)
Agnes McGee m. William Hill. Agnes b. 5/10/1885 d. 3/1/1944
They were m. on 11/6/1912.
William Taylor m. Nancy Rude. (all dates are unknown)
Their son was Samuel E.Taylor b. abt. 1827 d.(date unknown)
Samuel m. Ruhama "Becky" Robinson (1st wife). Becky b. 1820
Becky d. (date unknown)
Their son George Leroy Taylor b. 8/11/1846 d. 2/1917.
George m. Martha A. Hartsell. Martha b. 10/24/1850 and d.
April 1909. George b. 8/11/1846 d. Feb. 1917.
These are the relatives that I don't have complete information on. If you can direct, please e-mail me. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Melinda Black

George Leroy Taylor & Martha Hartsell

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 10:59PM GMT
Melinda,

I just learned the name of my g-g grandparents yesterday and found your message today. Their names are in the subject line. How are you related? We must be cousins of some sort. I am the the g-grand daughter of George and Martha's daughter Mary Rebecca. Would love to hear from you. Sorry I don't have much information, but I can tell you a little about Mary (Mollie) and her children. Please contact me.

Karen Berezansky

Re: George Leroy Taylor & Martha Hartsell

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 4:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor & Hartsell
Dear Karen Berezansky

Hello, this email is coming from your cousin Melinda Clark-Black. My mother was a Burke and she was the daughter of Russell P. Burke & Edith Hill. Russell Burke was the son of William N.R. Burke & Clarice M. Taylor. Now Clarice Taylor was the daughter of George Leroy Taylor & Martha Ann Hartsell. So George & Martha would be my great-great grandparents on my mothers-fathers-mothers-fathers side.

I have the children of George L. Taylor & Martha A. Hartsell as being the following:
(Clarice, Jenny, Nelly, Kate, Maude, Mollie & Ersel are the 7 daughters) and Jesse as their only son. Can you tell me which of these would be your great-grandmother?
Yes please tell me all that you know about Mary (Mollie) and her children cause all that I know is that Mollie was born 8/1/1877 and she was married 3 times. Mollie's first husband was a Mr. Wyles. Mollie's 2nd husband was Ed DeVall. Mollie's 3rd husband is unknown but I was told that she has 2 living children. So if you can fill in any of these gaps of information and about your great-grandmother that would be most helpful. Thanks

From your cousin

Melinda Clark-Black

Re: Genealogy Search

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 10:24PM GMT
my maiden name is loughrie -my g.grandfather's name was jasper - he had a son named john married to mary shields porter, john's sister named annie (moved to america!) & others will have to ask dad for details tomorrow - john's son alexander - born in cambuslang glasgow scotland had 3 brothers 2 sisters, thomas, james, john, may, charlottle - i dont know if you have found the same but the name loughrie is so unusual we have to be related somewhere along the way - keep me updated - dads cousin lives in naples (john - married to lorretta).

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2004 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR & HARTSELL
Dear Karen:
This email is being sent to you from Melinda Black on 09-14-04. A person from your past like about 3 years and 2 weeks later. My current home email address is:
emilysnanna@comcast.net
I am sending this email from my work place and that email is:
mblack@sbclasslaw.com
I was wondering where do you live. My computer crashed on 09-11-04 and I have lost all of my emails from the last year.
please reply.
take care

Barbeeg (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2006 10:53PM GMT

Martha Hartzell is the daughter of my Jonas Hartzell. If you need any Hartzell info you can find it on my site.

Barb Goss
My hobby is Genealogy; I collect ancestors.
GOODWIN/BALSLEY/ANSELL/HARTZELL OR HARTSELL/SMITH/
TWIST/COLLINS/MARTIN/FORQUER
Fayette, Somerset Counties in PA, Preston Co. WV.
Visit my website: http://users.adelphia.net/~barbee44

Posted: 9 Dec 2006 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR & HARTSELL
To whomever might read this:
I just changed servers.
My old email address was emilysnanna@comcast.net
My new email address is emilysnanna@verizon.net
thanks
Melinda Black

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: Dalton, Smith, Johnson, Pratt
Check out the query on this site titled Soloman Pratt & Nancy Wolfe. Info on Emma is there.

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: McGEE and HILL and McGEE and SHAFFER
Hi, This is Melinda Clark Black. My old email address used to be: emilysnanna@aol.com
My current email address is: emilysnanna7@comcast.net
That is if you are looking for me regarding postings like:
Clarks of WV
take care
per page

Find a board about a specific topic