Search for content in message boards

Altman Nebraska and Wisconsin

Altman Nebraska and Wisconsin

Posted: 25 Dec 2009 10:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALtman -Hrabik
Looking for information on Wenzel Altman married to Maria Hrabik from Bohemia or Austria, arriving in US around 1869 Settling in Wisconsin and maybe at some point living in Nebraska

Re: Altman Nebraska and Wisconsin

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 4:52PM GMT
This is what I have in my file. Collected some time back. Not related to me.
Diane Aultman Lafferty

Wenzel Altman and his wife Mary (Maria) Hrabik were united in marriage in 1858. They came to America from Austria in about 1867. First records appear in Green Bay, Wisconsin dated 1870. In 1888, they moved to Crete, Nebraska -Saline County. They also lived in Webster County near Red Cloud, Nebraska - no exact dates known. In about 1890, they moved to Washington County, Colorado near the town of Anton which was near a small post office named Arickaree.
http://members.tripod.com/~Harold_Altman/genealogy.html
..2 Wenzel Altman b. d. +Maria Hrabik(m.Austria/Bohemia)
...3 George-1864-1915 b.Austria d. +
...3 James-1867-unknown
...3 Joseph-1870-1950
...3 Frank-1874-1956
...3 Ann-unknown
...3 Antone-1876-1950 Wife(1):McCormick, Liza Wife(2):(Burnham) McCormick, Claudia Jane
...3 Charles W.-1881-1955 Wife: Tabor, Elizabeth (Bessie)
...3 Mary-1884-1921 Husband: Soncksen, Carl
...3 John-unknown-1930's?

Wenzel Altman, born Dec. 26, 1831...Austria
Maria Hrabik Altman, born January 6, 1841...Czechoslavokia, Plzen (Bohemia)
Children
George Altman, born January 1, 1864...Austria(?)
James Altman, born 1867 (Probably Wisconsin) as this was the first place of documentation for Maria and Wenzel. There is apparently some speculation that James died in Texas. From whence I do not know.
Joe Altman, born May 1870...Montpelier, Wisconsin, Kewaukee county(?)
Anthony Altman, born February 23, 1876...Green Bay, Wisconsin (Spanish American War)
John Altman...no birth date
Ann Altman...no birth date(died at 7...Green Bay, Wisconsin
Frank Altman born July 2, 1874...Green Bay
Charles William Altman born October 15, 1881...Crete, Saline County, NE (this is my grandfather)
As I look at this, it is obvious that James was born in Wisconsin, since numerous brothers an one sister were born in Montpelier or Green Bay. GRAMSING@aol.com

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 7:26PM GMT
Thanks for the fill ins, as I was missing some of the children. The information I have, from my grandfather (Adolph Altman) is that when Wenzel and Maria came to NE, she stayed there with the children and he went on, and was not to be heard from again. I also have Charles William as Charles Wenzel (he is my great grandfather)

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 7:41PM GMT
I also have James Ira as born in Austria in 1865. My grandmother Sylvia Altman used to tell me I got my wandering feet from Wenzel and his sons, it was family gossip the James like Wenzel went off to TX and was never heard from again, I did however find he had a wife and children.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 3:28PM GMT
I up-dated my file. I hope you would consider getting DNA done to see where you fit in this spreadsheet.

My brother is the second on this spreadsheet.
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/altman/results

They are having a sale that will last for 2 more days. The next sale will probably be in June and next Dec. If you can get it done on a male Altman in your family click on Order Test in the banner.
Diane

Posted: 19 Nov 2010 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Altman
jesusharleygirl1
If you have info. on James Altman I would appreciate you sharing it with me...He is my uncle...I do have info on John ,he was born 6/03/1870 in Brown Co.Wi....He is listed as Altmann and Wenzel is listed as Altmann his mother is listed as Maria Rabbik........
thank you
charleyaultman@gmail.com

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 10:42PM GMT
If you have names of wife and children for James Altman, who went to Texas, please contact me...Thanks Harold Altman

Consider Y-DNA ?? Altman Nebraska and Wisconsin

Posted: 22 Aug 2011 3:08PM GMT
Hi
Would any male Altman in this family consider a Y-DNA37? I sure would like to see where you fit on this spreadsheet. Maybe a match to my family!!! They should have a sale in Dec if you would like to wait for that.
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/altman/results

Diane Aultman Lafferty

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 3:41AM GMT
James Altman b 1867 married a Nancy J unknown last name
children: Charles H 1888
William E 1896
Pearley A 1898
Hazel A 1909
per page