Search for content in message boards

William and Thomas Eagle

William and Thomas Eagle

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 6:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eagle
William and Thomas Benton Eagle came to Mohican Township, Wayne County Ohio in 1808. How were they related??

Re: William and Thomas Eagle

Terry Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2005 3:03PM GMT
Did you ever get an answer to this question?? I haven't proved the relationship yet, plus throw in John who came later.

Cemeteries around here ae loaded with EAGLEs and their kin but I'm running in circles.

Terry

Posted: 23 Oct 2005 10:41PM GMT
Terry - No, I have not established the relationship except for the following: 1. they were brothers in law, because they married sisters named Rachael and Elizabeth Anderson. 2. letters from the Anderson sisters' relatives suggest that William was Thomas' uncle. 3. Thomas is buried in Yankeetown Cemeter, near Reedsburg, OH - beside his son, John. William was buried in Llyellyn Cemetery in Kirksville, MO by his son Thomas A. Eagle, M.D. I believe that John Benjamin Eagle, who is buried in Lake Fork Cemetery was also a son of William - but an older half brother of Thomas A. Eagle, M.D. (John Benjamin Eagle also had a son William F. Eagle whose family and descendents settled in Brashear, Missouri - near Kirksville.

Terry Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: EAGLE, SELL
Yup, I had most of that. I live about 40 minutes from Lake Fork, Reddsburg, and Pleasantview cemeteries & have been to all taking pix.

I would love to know thename of Thomas Benton's father.

Do you have a good list of Thomas B.'s kids, I'm just getting into this crowd as a favor to a friendand would appreciate any help I can get.

BTW, I saw another post from you re: Joseph EAGLE. He was b bef 1825 and m Margaret Sell on 29 Oct 1843 in Plain Twp., Wayne Co., OH. This is according to the WAYNE CO., OH MARRIAGE INDEX 1813-1898, by the Wayne Co., G.S., Wooster, 1997.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions