Search for content in message boards

Turners/ Harris/ Russells..Wayne Co.

Turners/ Harris/ Russells..Wayne Co.

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello! I am searching for information on my great-grandma's mother: Myrtle Harris. She's buried in a country Baptist church cemetary. She died reletively young, leaving her baby girl, Flossie, to live with her sisters, Minerva Harris and another aunt. I am also looking for a Leonard Turner who might be able to help out on some information. Also, if anyone has heard of a Romeo Cole, Flossie's father, informatino would be awesome! i am trying to get that side of my family figured out. Flossie left KY in the 40's to move to Iowa. Flossie and van Russell sold their farm to the governmetn to build a dam. Any info would be great....
Thanks...Marie

Re: Turners/ Harris/ Russells..Wayne Co.

Posted: 8 May 2003 6:07PM GMT
R. Cole is in the 1910 Wayne County KY Census with his parents Frank W. Cole and Nancy C. Lathom.

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2003 7:03PM GMT
Thank you.
Do you have any information on if Romeo has any brothers or sisters? Like I said previously, his side of the family is kind of lost to me. Thank you so much for that little bit of info!
Have a great day!
MarieFlaherty

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2003 10:39PM GMT
Marie,

Email me at home lisalleatherman@wmconnect.com I will send you what I have if you want to exchange on these two lines. My step father is a Turner and of course just about every family is related in Wayne by either marriage or blood.

Lisa

Marcia Crabtree (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2003 4:19PM GMT
Lisa,
Hi, this is in regards to the Harris family. My husbands grt. grandfather was Henry Troxell. He married a Jessie Harris. Her parents were Charles Harris and Sallie Dean, all from Wayne Co., Monticello Ky area. Wanted to know if you had any information on Charles Harris and his family. I can't find them anywhere... Hope you can help. Thank you...
Marcia

Lisa L. Dobbs Leatherman (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2003 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Dean, Toler, Troxell and etc.
Marcia,

I don't have much on Charles Harris and Sally Dean. I have Sally's parents and sibblings and etc. But as for Charles I don't know anything about him. I know according to the 1900 Census Sally Dean Harris was widowed by that time. In the 1910 Census Sally is claiming to be divorced. So I wonder which is it? Jessie is with her in the 1900 Census along with Sally's mother Sina Toler Dean. I would like to know more about your Henry Troxell and Jessie. Would you like to exchange information?

I also wonder is this Charles is the same Charles W. Harris who is the son of James Harris and Catherine Chriswell Harris who was born about 1853 and in 1880 was married to a Charlotta.

Email me at lisalleatherman@wmconnect.com

Lisa

nancy parker (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: nancy parker
I was looking for the harris family found this message an names that i know , james harris an catherine chriswell are my great great great grandparents charles w born1853 married charlotte mcgown 1872,james harris son, james a harris married angeline jane deane 1874 had a son lonnie david married nancy amner lair they had 11 kids my mother is there youngest child frances harris, i was named after my grandmother nancy, i am looking for information about the women one named sina towler not sure the last name spelled correct? please reply if you know ,or are related

Lisa L Dobbs Leatherman (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 12:54AM GMT
Nancy,

Did you get my email I sent to you at Kentuckyred@yahoo.com on 9/15/05 about this line?

Lisa

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 2:14AM GMT
I too am looking for information on Sini Toler. The info that I have is she was married to David Dean. A daughter from this marriage named Margaret "Peggy" Jane Dean (Born March 1834-Died in 1903 Wayne Co, Ky) appears to be my great grandmother. Peggy was married to Riley Sampson Parnell on Dec 8, 1852, Wayne Co, Ky. A daughter from this marriage is Serilda Frances Parnell, born Nov 30, 1864, Wayne Co, Ky, Died Mar 3, 1937 Morgan Co, Ill. Serilda is my grandmother. She married Millard Fillmore Brummett May 10, 1885 Russell Co. Ky. Any info or links to Sini Toler will be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic