Search for content in message boards

EARLY York Co. residents

EARLY York Co. residents

Donna Marrs (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MARRS, BRADSHAW, LIGHTNER
1. Need evidence of William Erskine MARRS, b. c. 1710 Scotland. Need parents (probably named ERSKINE), need wife, and death date. Was father to Barnabas, Henry Munday, and Samuel MARRS.
2. Need parents of Francina BRADSHAW, b. 1742, mar. 1760 (York Co., Pa?), and died 1775 Va. Was married to Samuel MARRS.
3. Need more info on Margaret LETNER/LIGHTNER born c. 1766 to Mathias LETNER/LIGHTNER. Need mother's name, date and place of death. Mar. Abraham WORKMAN 1785 in Va.

Re: EARLY York Co. residents

roy marrs (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 3:38PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2004 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Marrs
Since the request was dated in the year 2000, I doubt that my answers will be received, but here goes :
I am a 8th generation decendent of Samuel Marrs, son of William Erskine Marrs who sailed to America. William Erskine,born 1720, was son of John Lord Erskine, the 23rd Earl of Mar, Scotland.
Samuel Marrs left York, Pa. and settled in Thompson Valley, Virginia (Tazewell County)

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 12:36AM GMT
Hello, I was wondering if you had a listing for Henry's children and his wife's name. I believe Henry to be my husband's grandfather as well. Thanks. Also did

donna marrs (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2004 12:37PM GMT
Henry Munday marrs; The only info I have on him is that he was born around 1738 possibly at York County, Pennsylvania. to William Erskine Marrs and (unknown)
I have no children nor wife.
He had two brothers---Barnabas and Samuel. My husband is descended from Samuel, not Henry.
Sorry

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 8:21PM GMT
Came across this when I decided to name a character in a story with my g-greatgrandmother's maiden name Marrs. I have Sarah Elizabeth Marrs m.to Martin G. Elkins whose son James Wesley Elkins would be my g-grandfather. My grandmother is Emma Rose Elkins Copley. If we are related, may I have the data you've collected re William Erskine, et al? My Marrs branch went from Tazewell to Missouri to Oregon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions