Search for content in message boards

Louis Robinson

Louis Robinson

J.F. Claude (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson
I'm looking for any information available on Louis Robinson (my great-grandfather), born April 3, 1875 (?) in either Lochiel or Alexandria, Ontario.

Thanks.
Posted: 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 3:48AM GMT
Information I have is specific to a Louis Robinson m. Oct. 22, 1894 (St. Finnans- Alexandria) to a Marie-Louise St-Jean. If this is your Louis... I have his parents as Louis Robinson and Sophie Séguin, m. Aug. 19, 1861 (L'Orignal, On). I have the elder Louis' parents as Joseph Robinson and Eugéne Villeneuve. I have Sophie's ancestral line back to Francois Séguin and Jeanne Petit, m. Oct. 31, 1672 (Boucherville, QC). If this is your Louis... we would be related through the Séguin line (6th cousins).

Louis Robinson...

J.F. Claude (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
James,

I believe that's the one! My mother has a family bible in which my Great-Grandparents are listed as Louis Robinson and Louise St-Jean... The timing seems right, as my grandfather Emile Robinson was born in 1909 (one of the younger kids in the family). I much appreciate the info...

Cheers!
J.F.

Re: Louis Robinson

Diane (Seguin) Seay (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 1:17AM GMT
I believe we are related. My Grandfather 's name was Joseph Robinson, his dad was Etienne "Akin" Robinson son of Louis Robinson and Sophie Seguin, who is a relative on my dad's side. This is so neat.

Re: Louis Robinson...

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 1:32AM GMT
Hi JF
This is neat I have Louis Robinson @ Mary Louise St Jean they married Oct 22, 1894 in Alexandria. She is the daughter of Olivier St Jean and Marceline St- Pierre-Briere.
Children: Bertha Robinson, Donald Louis Robinson, Simeon Robinson, Elizabeth Robinson, Mary Louise Robinson, Mary Ann Robinson, who married Alcide Seguin on June 11 1934, Lucy Elisabeth Robinson and Joseph Louis Oliver Robinson, Francois Robinson, John Anthony Robinson, Mary Rose Anne Robinson, Albina Robinson, and Emile Robinson.
Then I have Generations
Emile Robinson (5) (Louis(4), Louis (3), Joseph (2) Jacques "James (1)
Emile Robinson married Lea Carpentier and I have the name of the children. Does this all match?

J.F. Claude (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 3:02PM GMT
Diane,

Yep! My grandparents were Emile & Leah. They had 12 children (1 died in infancy). My mother is the seventh child, Elaine, married to Marcel Claude.

My oral family history on the Robinson side suggests that one of our ancestors was a man of colour, and that we may have "native american" blood as well, but no proof in the pudding yet.

I have found one Robinson, described in French in parish records as a "nègre" (negro), married to a "femme de couleur" (coloured woman). However, I appear to be missing a 1 generation link to confirm whether this couple are my (our) ancestors, i.e. Jacques "James"'s parents. I find it interesting that he would be described as a "negro", and she as a "woman of colour"... my guess is that she was native american as opposed to he being of African descent.

Some day we may get to the bottom of all this...

By the way, Louis Robinson (3) was married to a "sophie séguin"... and my aunt Rose (née Robinson) also married a Séguin... and had a daughter named Sophie!!! The Robinsons & Séguins seem to intermix quite a bit!!!

Regards,

J.F.

Re: Louis Robinson

Posted: 18 May 2002 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2002 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Brunet, Seguin, Sigouin
I am looking for a Marie Alice Brunet who married a Thomas Chretien in 1859 in Notre Dame, Ottawa. Her parents were Pierre Brunet and Adelaide Sigouin. I believe they may have been from Glengarry co. Do you have any more info on the Brunet or Sigouin (Seguin) families from this area?

Posted: 18 May 2002 1:39AM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2002 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Brunet, Sigouin, Seguin, Chretien
I am looking for a Marie Alice Brunet who married a Thomas Chretien in 1859 in Notre Dame, Ottawa. Her parents were Pierre Brunet and Adelaide Sigouin. I believe they may have been from Glengarry co. Do you have any more info on the Brunet or Sigouin (Seguin) families from this area?

Posted: 18 May 2002 2:42PM GMT
Hi Carolynn
I'm just starting to do the Seguin side.The names sound fimilar, I'm sure I've heard those names growing up, but I'm not positive. I will check and get back to you.

Posted: 29 Apr 2011 3:01PM GMT
Hi l to am related through Robinson my Mother was Daughter Of Alex James Robinson he was part of James, Benjammine and Jacque Robinson Family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic