Search for content in message boards

Avis Johnson

Avis Johnson

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Avis Johnson was my grandmother, who died when I was very young. I am trying to find out her maiden name. She was married to Frank J. Johnson

Re: Avis Johnson

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 5:26PM GMT
According to Frank's obituary Avis' maiden name was "Andrews."

Hi Donna. I remember you. We were in some school classes together when you were living on South Superior Street in Antigo.

Donna Criscione (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2005 4:00AM GMT
Thank you very much. I have very little memory of those years.
and was not told much about my family history. Now I have something to go on.

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 11:25AM GMT
Surnames: Andrews, Johnson
Hello Donna,
I am not related to this family, but I did find 2 newspaper articles that may be helpful. -- Regards, DeAnna.
---------------------------------------

"Appleton Post-Crescent"
Appleton, Outagamie Co., WI
Saturday, September 23, 1922 - Page 6, column 5.

SOCIAL WHIRL IN NEW LONDON
The arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Johnson and three children from St. Mary's, Idaho, was made the occasion of a family reunion at the F. C. Andrews home on Sunday. Mrs. Johnson is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Andrews. Mr. and Mrs. Lyle Andrews and children of Stephensville and Mr. and Mrs. Ben Andrews and son and Harold Andrews of this city completed the family circle

"Appleton Post-Crescent"
Appleton, Outagamie Co., WI
Monday Evening, March 18, 1929 - Page 15, column 1.

NEW LONDON PERSONALS
Announcement has been received here of the birth of a son to Mr. and Mrs. Frank Johnson of Antigo. Mrs. Johnson has been seriously ill with pneumonia during the past week but is now reported to be improving. Mrs. Johnson was formerly Avis Andrews, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank C. Andrews of this city.

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2005 3:07PM GMT
Thank you, this will be of great help.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
I would like to find out the date of death of Frank Johnson.
What I really would like is to find a picture of him and
Avis, my grandmother. We have no pictures. Have no idea as
to who I would contact for this. Thank you.
I don't know if I remember you Lee? That was a very long
time ago.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 12:34PM GMT
Frank died 18 Nov 1963. His obituary was published in the Antigo Daily Journal on November 18, 19 and 25. He is buried in the Antigo City Cemetery, Block 3, Lot 29, Space 3.

Avis died 30 Nov 1949. Her obituary was published in the Antigo Daily Journal on November 30. She is buried in the Antigo City Cemetery, Block 3, Lot 29, Space 4.

I can't help you with pictures. Your best bet is to track down relatives you have not contacted before and ask them if they either have pictures or know of anyone who has pictures.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions