Search for content in message boards

Ephraim Rolfe's daughter Betsy who married Mulford Martin

Ephraim Rolfe's daughter Betsy who married Mulford Martin

Posted: 26 Nov 2009 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rolfe, Martin, Putman
Hi,

I'm trying to determine if Ephraim Rolfe's [1743-] daughter Betsy Rolfe [1767-] did, indeed, marry Mulford Martin [1763-]! Ephraim came it appears to Applegate Corners near Ithaca, NY, about 1807 from South Amboy, New Jersey.

The Mulford Martin family also lived in South Amboy, NJ. Mulford seems to have been a son of Thomas Martin and Elizabeth Ayers daughter of Obediah Ayers.

In my research, I have found that Betsy Rolfe and Mulford Martin married and had the following children: Ralph, Sarah [1792-], Mulford, Jr. [blacksmith], and Pheobe who married Richard Burlew of Brownstown, NJ.

I am wondering if anyone might be able to confirm any of these relationships particularly whether Betsy Rolfe and Mulford Martin married and had a daughter Sarah born in 1792 in NJ.

Sarah Martin married John Putman, and it appears had a son William C. Putman who was my great grandfather who came to MI from Ontario, Canada, about 1856.

John Putman [1786-] had gone from Sandyston, NJ, to Applegate Corners, NY, [about 1810] to Wayne, NY, [about 1815-1834] and then to Delhi, Ontario, Canada, where he and Sarah Martin, his wife, died in the 1860's.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Ephraim Rolfe's daughter Betsy who married Mulford Martin

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 2:16PM GMT
per the book "Early Rolfe Settlers of New England", Betsey Rolfe did marry Mulfeed Martin of New York. Their daughter m. John Putnam, relocated to Canada and had a large family.
Unfortunately, there is only a reference to a writen genealogical story as back up. the author did not follow the Putnam line.

Re: Ephraim Rolfe's daughter Betsy who married Mulford Martin

Posted: 28 Nov 2009 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Putman, Martin, Rolfe
Thanks,

I've been looking for this link for over ten years!

You are a tremendous help.

Thanks,

Mark R. Putnam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions