Search for content in message boards

Smokey Swan

Smokey Swan

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2002 6:08PM GMT
Does anyone have any info on Radio Dot and Smokey Swan.
They performed on the "Hollywood Barn Dance". Found old pictures of them. Need to know if they are possibly a relative or just souvenirs. One picture said it was taken in San Antonio, TX.

Re: Smokey Swan

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 5:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2004 6:51PM GMT
I don't think that they are related as I have found no mention in Smokey's family to Radio Dot other than they performed together. The family of preachers had wonderful voices. I remember my great grandfather's singing and he died when I was only 9. He was Smokey's uncle. I would be curious to know more about Smokey also and if there is a relationship with Radio Dot too.
Jef

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2002 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: SWAN
Thank you for your reply. The more I inquire, the more I believe the picture was just a promo thing that one of my family members picked up after seeing their show.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 12:29AM GMT
check out the following site. They were married. Their daughter Dottie Lou Swan married Jimmie Snow, son of Hank Snow. http://www.geocities.com/kasblinn/SwanFamily.html

Posted: 5 Apr 2008 4:42PM GMT
Smokey Swan is my uncle. He has to living brothers Paul, and Robert. Paul is my father and may be able to help you.

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Swan
Smoky was my great grandfather and I can probably answer any questions you may have. His son Jack is my mother's father and my namesake-
Jacki

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 11:35PM GMT
smoky swan was my grandpap my dads dad chuck swan who was also a kernal auctioneer dottie is my aunt married erny tubbs son not married to jimmy anymore uncle jack and uncle billy were both preachers grandma maible is also there mother and could sing my mom is ruth she owned the auction in jefferson pa my name is william but i go by bill family is awsome radio dots name is dorthy henderson swan dotties mom not maible radio dot was married to smoky his real name lewis william swan thats dotties mom and dad

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:43AM GMT
I just discovered Dot was my 3rd cousin 2x removed. Her parents were John Henderson and Goldie Wilson. Goldie was the daughter of James Edward Wilson and Rosa Belle Wells. James was the son of Solomon Wilson and Amanda Kelley. Amanda was the sister of my great-great-great grandfather Timothy Kelley. Amanda and Timothy were from Mechanicsburg, Illinois and were the children of William Kelley and Mary Ann Sanders. That's as far back as I've been able to trace this line.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2013 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Swan Family
Jacki. My parents were friends with your grandparents (Jack and Dokey) and your great-grandmother Mabel and my grandmother were 1st cousins. Not sure when Smokey and Mabel split, but Smokey stayed in touch with us and used to come visit us in East Liverpool when he was appearing in Wheeling. I have to go through my mother's old pictures because I might have a picture or two of him. I just saw last week that your grandmother died a year ago in January. I was trying to track her down to see if she'd like to meet up with my mother and reminisce. I saw from the obituary that she was living in Florida and that Sissy and Joey live there, too. Ask your mom if she remembers Jink and Ida, and the kids Susie, Kathie, Cindy and Mike. Not sure why our parents quit seeing each other--I'm wondering if it happened when Jack "got religion" and may have been pressuring my dad. I'm guessing that because I remember they quit visiting right around the time Jack became a minister. Hope you see this meesage and can respond. I will give you my personal email address to pass along to Sissy and Joey. By the way, I am friends on Facebook with Dottie, Smokey's daughter by his second wife, Dot. I found some pictures on Ancestry.com of Smokey's grandparents and sent them to her. It's amazing how much she looks like Smokey's grandmother, Betsey.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions