Classification: Query
Surnames: TIERNEY
LOOKING FOR ANY TIERNEY FAMILY

Tierney Family

Nancy Tierney Colombo (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney
My great-grandfather, James Tierney, came from Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland around 1860. His parents were John Tierney & Ann Caplice. He settled in southern Minnesota. Also emigrated to U.S. were siblings: Jeremiah, Thomas, Mary & Bridget.

Tierney

Nancy Machcinski (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: John Tierney-
John Tierney was married in Cinn. Oh. in 1869 he died
in Covington, Ky. in 1883, his wife's name was Mary Ann
White.

Please sign Tierney Guestbook

R A Teirney (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Teirney, Tierney, O'Tierney
http://australia.bpath.com/GuestBook/gst_view.dbm?m=3783&...

Please copy the rather long URL above and paste into your location bar.

The Teirney family of NZ and Australia warmly invites you to sign their guestbook and state your own research interests.

Re: family search

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 10:21PM GMT
Hi Kim,

Who are you looking for in the Tierney family

Re: Tierney Family

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: TIERNEY & NEWBORG
Nancy Jean Tierney, born 1941, Delaware Co., PA. Father James Patrick Tierney,1908-1974-born in Phila. His dad, John Joseph, born 1878 Hollymount, Co.Mayo, Ireland-lived adult life in & around Narberth, PA. Had 2 brothers & 3 sisters. Brother Patrick & sister, Sarah, never left Ireland. Brother Michael did & 1 sister lived in NYC & 1 in Wilmington, DE, unfortunately, no info on them. Grandad, J.J.T., married in Parish of Knock, Co.Mayo on 11/16/02, and he & grandmom, Catherine Carney, came to US in 1905. I went to Ireland in '98 & got copy of their marriage Lic. & saw where they lived. Met some Carney relatives, but none of my Tierney ancesters were found. There was a Tierney Pub & a
"Tierney: "Blind Man Driving" van, who we caught up with. He sold window blinds & shades, etc. I have three brothers-2 in
FLA & one in PA. Our mom was 90 on 7/11. She is 1/2
Irish-her mom born in Co. Cork & dad, Wm. Newborg. born in Copenhagen, Denmark. He will be subject of another search.

ReTierney family search

Posted: 29 Sep 2001 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2002 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Tierney/Hanlon
Dear Kim,

My great grandmother was Joanna Tierney, born 1857 in northern Ireland. Father's name-Patrick. She married James Hanlon (also of No. Ireland) on January 8, 1877 in St Augustin's Cathedral, Granby Row, Manchester, England. Emigrated to the US approximately 1882 - ended up in Troy, New York.

According to church records in Troy and my grandmother's recollections these are the children:
William John -born Nov. 16, 1877- in England
Thomas - born Nov. 1, 1879 - in England
Mary -born Junly 27, 1881- in England
Margaret -born Jan. 24, 1884 in New York State
Catherine Francis - born Jan 20, 1886 in NY(my grandmother)
Joanna (Josephine) - born Aug. 22, 1888
Elizabeth - born Dec 3, 1890
Agnes - born Nov. 11,1892

Since my great-grandfather(James Hanlon) remarried in Nov. of 1893, I am assuming Joanna Tierney died between Nov. 11, 1892 and Nov. of 1893. The church did not have death records available at the time of my research.

According to my grandmother, Joanna Tierney had sisters Bridget and Julia(maybe) and a brother Edward. There is also an Australia connection, but just what, I don't know. Could any of these Tierneys be related to you? I am stuck with Patrick - don't know wife's name- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Tierney Family

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 5:08AM GMT
I have two statements of intentions for John Tierney.

The first John Tierney, (29 years of age, b. 1-01-1821, as stated on these documents)) made a sworn statement on September 28, 1850 in Deleware Co, PA, after arriving from Galaway, Ireland via Liverpool into the port of Philadelphia on May 16, 1847 with the intentions to settle in Delaware Co. It is followed with a Petition to finalize Citizenship on date of September 30, 1853 with a Daniel Crowley who swears to be well acquainted with him and have knowledge of his residence in the U.S. for 5 years and 1 year in PA. John himself writes his own name on these court documents.

The second John Tierney made a sworn statement on August 22, 1854 in Lancaster Co, PA, with the intentions of becoming a citizen. It is followed with a Petition of Citizenship on the date of September 24 (day not real legible), 1854 with a James Smith who swears to know of his residence in the U.S. for 5 years and 1 year in PA. This John Tierney makes his mark (a "x") and someone writes John on one side of the "x" and Tierney on the other side. These Lancaster documents do not give a date of birth, age of petitioner or the date when he emigrated from Ireland.

I believe that these documents are of two different Tierneys. If someone out there has these same documents or have a John Tierney as your ancestor, could you please share with me to see it my ancestors are of your lineage. My gg-grandmother Bridget Tierney has on her death certificate that her parents John and Margaret were both born in Ireland. She married a Jordan (Jordon) first and lived in VA , then moved as a widow with a small child, Mary, to KY. She married a second time. James Conners and she had another girl (Johanna) and 5 boys. It is believed that she was born in Ireland and known to have lived in VA, KY, MO, and died in TX but buired in MO at St. Martin's Catholic Cemetery in Elston (near Jefferson City).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale Crutcher Parsons
Spring, Texas

Re: Please sign Tierney Guestbook

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 4:37PM GMT
Ancestor arrived USA +/- 1850 NYC, GF= Michael William T. was NYPD. Believe GGF= "John" Family located in NYC, the Bronx. Historical connection to "Teddy Roosevelt"-pardon spelling. David Tierney

Re: Please sign Tierney Guestbook

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Hood/Bardsley
Roslyn, would you please contact me concerning out common ancestor Amelia Hood,nee Bardsley.
Many thanks,
Vicki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions