Search for content in message boards

Paul Larkam, Roswell Photographer

Paul Larkam, Roswell Photographer

Posted: 19 Dec 2004 3:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Larkam
I am seeking info on Paul Larkam, who apparently had a photography studio in Roswell in the 1950's-60's (dates uncertain) if anyone can provide info on him and/or his studio I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Paul Larkam, Roswell Photographer

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2004 2:38PM GMT
I can tell you a little about the Paul Larkam Photo Studio. I do a lot of Roswell research which in the past week has included looking at Larkam Studios photos. His shop closed down (I believe in the 1960's). About 6000 of his photos (inventory) were donated to the University of New Mexico and are held at the Branson Library Archives in Las Cruces. In addition, The South East Historical Society in Roswell has some photo albums that came from the Larkam Studios. They will absolutely know more about Paul Larkam. Elvis Fleming is the archivist there and if he doesn't know about Paul Larkam, there are many old timers who volunteer at this society. I had a great chat with several just two days ago and they told me lots of stories about my grandparents!! Both places can be found online as far as phone numbers. All my research notes are packed away at the moment as I am retunring home.Are you related to him?

Posted: 19 Dec 2004 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: LARKAM
Phyllis, Thanks for the reply! Yes, Paul E. Larkam is (according to my FTM) my 1st cousin twice removed. :) I know he was a family researcher also. I was wondering if any family pictures may have made it to the collections at the University, etc. Probably not. I will attempt to contact Mr Fleming, as I would be interested in any info he may be able to provide about Paul. Thanks again, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! -Elise, MN.

Larkams in Roswell City Directories

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2004 11:42PM GMT
Here are all the Larkams listed in several Roswell City Directories:

Nothing listed in 1922 City Directory or 1933 phone book.

1944:
Mary F. Larkam (wid J.C.) r. 308 W. 3rd.
Paul E. Larkam (Larkam Studio) h. 308 W. 3rd.

1945/46:
Mary F. Larkam (wid J.C.) r. 308 W. 3rd.
Paul E. Larkam (Larkam Studio) h. 308 W. 3rd.

1970:
Mrs. Mary F. Larkam, retired r. 308 W. 3rd St.
Paul E. Larkam (Larkam Studio), h. 308 W. 3rd.
Larkam Studio (Paul E. Larkam) photog. 308 W. 3rd.

1975:
Paul E. Larkam (Larkam Sutdios)
Larkam Studio (Paul E Larkam) photog. 308 W. 3rd.

Phyllis

Re: Larkams in Roswell City Directories

Posted: 25 Dec 2004 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: LARKAM
THANKS PHYLLIS! With this info I can figure a time line of their residence in the area. Merry Christmas to you! -Elise, MN.

Re: Larkams in Roswell City Directories

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2004 1:56AM GMT
Glad to help Elise. If I run across anything else, I will post it. Merry Christmas to you too!

Phyllis

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 2:29AM GMT
I have a great deal of Larkam info, including letters from Paul to my mother in law. Dora Larkam Hester is my husbands great grandmother. Write if you want info still
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions