Search for content in message boards

Hall Family

Hall Family

Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Hall

Interested in obtaining information on the Hall family of the Halltown (Sumaria) area of Lexington County, South Carolina. My great great grandfather Hilliard Hall, was a son of Elijah Hall and a CSA soldier in the 19th S.C. Inf. he is buried near Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee.

Hall Family - Elijah

Sam Norton (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, VanSant, Hallman, Kirton, Sox, Norton
This is my father's mother's line. I am from Elijah, Jerome, David. There is a good bit posted on the net, and I have some written material as well. Don't know who Elijah's parents were. Any ideas?
Sam

Hall

Joanne Breen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hayes, Hall, Hallman, Kirton, Swittenberg
Re: Elijah Hall, Lexington Cty. Jerome Hall is my gg grandfather. Is Elijah his father? I'm looking for same.
Thanks. Jo

Hall, Hallman

Susan Hector (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Hallman
According to the Hallman book, Jerome Hall married (1) Miley Catherine Hallman, and (2) Nezzie Shealy. Jerome Hall's parents were Elijah Hall and Mary (Polly) [unknown]. Hope this helps. This info is from the book, Hallman and Related Families in America, by Isaac P. Hallman, 1974. Pages 305 and 321.

Re: Hall Family - Elijah

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2003 8:14PM GMT
My brother-in-law has a friend named Barry Hall. Barry has a brother named Wayne and a sister (who's name escapes me at the moment - starts with an M. Merleen, or something like that). They were raised in West Columbia, Lexington County, SC and lived in The Hall House. Everyone who has lived in West Columbia all of their life knows about The Hall House. It's a 2-story house, and was built around the mid-1800's. Barry's father was around 55 or 60 when he was born (Barry's around 49 years old) and Barry's grandfather built the house. It has been carefully preserved. It's located at the corner of Shuler Street and Meeting Street in West Columbia. The Fox family has lived across the street for the last 150 years as well. My husband's shop is next door to The Fox House. A boy's military academy used to stand where my husband's shop is. The academy was on the corner of Shuler and Center Streets. The West Columbia area was called New Brookland back then. Before that it was called Saxe Gotha. In this string of messages I noticed Halltown and Sumaria were mentioned. Do you know where those towns were located? AND - does any of the Hall info above sound familiar to you? I was raised in West Columbia - just curious.

Re: Hall, Hallman

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 7:38PM GMT
i am looking for the book to see if robert christy hallman 1830 born in louisiana is there
carole stackhouse
stackhouse1@rcn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions