Search for content in message boards

Matthew Henson

Matthew Henson

Dawn V. Henson Smith-Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 6:30PM GMT
My grandfather was a Henson from Annapolis Md. His youngest son,James Edward Henson was my father. I am trying to find out how my grand father was related to Matthew Henson.

Matthew Henson

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 7:58PM GMT
Matthew Henson had several brothers and sisters One of them could have been your grandfather. My GGrand father's name was James Henson. E-mail me for more info

Matthew Henson

Dawn Venezuela Smith-Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 4:50PM GMT
This message is for SHEILA. I am interested in learning about my relationship to Matthew Henson. I know that my grandfather had at least one sister and we called her aunt Pearl. As far as I know she made her home in Baltimore, Md. I am 53 yrs-old and my memory of her dates back to the 50s. After that time I never heard of her again also I think my grandfather died sometime in the mid 50s. I believe Reese Funeral Home ,in Annapolis, handled the arrangments. I was a young child at the time so, my memory is a little cloudy. Please, if you have any information I am truly interested. I await your reply.

Dawn

Another Henson

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 4:36AM GMT
Dawn
We need to exchange more information because I had a cousin named Pearl who just in the last 2 years passed away. I am also 53 years old however I remember my family get together
which included relatives from Maryland. We just had a huge family reunion in Maryland in July and that reunion was attended by Matthew Henson's direct decendants from Greenland.Matthew Henson had 1 son who had 5 sons and one of his grandson's family came to the reunion. We had someone from Annapolis to attend Stanley Henson do you know him? I have some pictures to share if you give me your e-mail address I will send them.May we need to talk my number is 301-386-2532.

Hensens in Md. D.C.

Posted: 8 Apr 2001 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:27AM GMT
Hi,
I am trying to find my late maternal grandmother's side of the family. Her name was Mary E.(Eugene/ie) Hensen who was born in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 25, abt. 1912, and died aboout 1944 of breast cancer. She married my grandfather Noah Lee Best at the age of 13 yrs. He was 16. Both of her parents were alive at that time. Their children were Walter Raymond, Albert, Lester, Noah Lee, Jr., Harold Vincent,George Washington, Carrie Dolores, Louise Francis, Ellen May, Norman Edward, Earl Lee, Charles Lindsey,Joseph Lee Best. Ellen is my mother.
George, Carrie, Louise, and Joesph are still living. We hav a lot of relatives in the Best decendants line. Mary had siblings named: Georgia May, Ellen, Carrie, Dan, and Charlie that we know of. Ellen Hensen was a tall woman who wore a brace on her leg (polio?) The family was of German/Danish/Dutch orgins. I have a few photos of Mary, and that's all that are known. Mary & Noah lived in D.C. at the time of their marriage. Any information would be welcolmed. I can not seem to get any more information on this side of the family so far. It would mean alot to my mother and her remaining siblings if I could find anything.Thanks!

Re: Matthew Henson

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-grandparents were George & Mary Henson from Saint Margarets, Annapolis, Maryland. They had 12 children, one of which was my grandfather David Elijah "Bun" Henson. I am trying to find the connection with the Annapolis Henson "clan" and Matthew Henson! Please email me if you are related! vernell3@yahoo.com..

Re: Another Henson

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 7:52PM GMT
My great-grandparents were George & Mary Henson from Saint Margarets, Annapolis, Maryland. They had 12 children, one of which was my grandfather David Elijah "Bun" Henson. Stanley Henson is my cousin - David Henson is also his granfather from his first marriage! I am trying to find the connection with the Annapolis Henson "clan" and Matthew Henson! Please email me if you are related! vernell3@yahoo.com.. I would love to see any pictures that you may have from the past reunions. I heard that there is another reunion coming up in July 2002 in North Carolina!

Re: Matthew Henson

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:24AM GMT
do you know how many siblings he has and what their names are
per page

Find a board about a specific topic