Search for content in message boards

John/James LILLY 1721

John/James LILLY 1721

John Anstey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LILLY, LAUGHARNE, EARL
I'm searching for information on John/James LILLY, born Bishopsgate, London, England who moved to Hereford and married Priscilla EARL at Hereford Catherdral Church in 1721. He later married Ann LAUGHARNE in Pembrokeshire and his son, William LILLY, my gggg grandfather, born 1735, emigrated to Newfoundland in 1763. I am particularly interested in making contact with Mac Mercer who, I believe, may have knowledge of this branch of the LILLY family.

Re: John/James LILLY 1721

lilly/lilley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2003 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Lilley, Lilly McLilley
I am looking for John Andrew Lilly/Lilley/McLilley info, bmay 11 1846, buried in CampHill,Cumberland county, Pa.
He was married to Priscilla last Name ?, Had son George E. who had daughter Ethel Alvina who married Harvey Lenhert.

Any info on this family line would be appreciated.

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Lilly Lenhert
Hello - this is probably way too late to help you, as my Lenhert family are not the closest people.....
Ethel Alvina Lilly Lenhert probably was my grandmother. The way the story goes, Harvey went from Abilene to Penn. around 1915 for school, and fell in love with Ethel while she was working from/at/staying at an orphanage. Moved back to Kansas. I know almost nothing of my grandmother's family, or why she was in an "orphanage". We do have the Hunsberger geneology book. Harvey and Ethel didn't talk about their pasts to kids or grandkids, ergo, we're in the dark. Good Luck!
Pam

Posted: 3 Sep 2010 3:12PM GMT
I have just viewed post by John Anstey who wishes to make contact. I have some info on William Lilly who moved to Nfld and am descended from him. What is source of info that his emigration date was 1763? Do you have any further info on origins of his father James? ( I do have the story of his murder).

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 3:38AM GMT
Surnames: Lilly/Lenhert
My mother-in-law was Mable lenhert, daughter of Ethyl Lavina and Harvey Lenhert. I have a little data on this family and am willing to share. I also would like to receive any data you may have.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly
Malcolm, I've just come across your 2010 reply to my 2003 post. I've been taking a break but am back on the trail of my Lilly ancestors. I have a copy of William Lilly's will dated 1815 which said he had come to Harbour Grace 54 Years earlier but I now suspect it may have been later than that and from Salem, Mas. rather than direct from Wales. Susan Gentleman has told me that some of his children, including George, were born in Salem. I believe that his father, James (John) came from Bishopsgate in London but I have been unable to find him there. I would love to hear what you know about these Lilly's.

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2013 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: lilly

John Anstey, I have a William Lilly in my tree who married Eunice Holbrook in 1842 who I think is connected to your William Lilly in Harbour Grace. Would you please email me a copy of the William Lilly's will to lkasn36@yahoo.com

I have found a deposition given by your William Lilly which mentions his moving from Salem to Harbour Grace with his family shortly after the Battle of Lexington. He was a loyalist it appears.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions