Search for content in message boards

How long did it take to receive your AncestryDNA results ...

How long did it take to receive your AncestryDNA results ...

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
... and did the progress bar on your DNA page update to inform you if AncestryDNA had received your sample? I sent mine in 8 days ago (November 1), activated my kit, and I assume they've received it already. However, my progress bar remains at "Activated."

Re: How long did it take to receive your AncestryDNA results ...

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 6:00PM GMT
The results of my first test took about 4 weeks. I can't remember exactly, but I think I did find out they received my dna.

I just sent and activated a 2nd test for my dad on the 7th.

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 4:34PM GMT
It will say "Lab Processing" on the progress bar after they have received it and you will get an email. I'm waiting on my results too. I'm anxious to know how long it takes after they start processing it.

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 6:42PM GMT
I "think" it did say the test was received...but I don't remember. I'm on "activated" right now for my second test.

On the first test, when the results were in, I learned about it via email. I don't know if the ancestry site had any notification about the results being available because in my excitement of seeing the email, I immediately ran to the DNA section to see the results.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2012 2:12AM GMT
I'm waiting too. Mine has said lab processing for 3 weeks . I can't wait to get it..Good luck to everyone!!

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:40PM GMT
Within the last few hours, my screen has changed to "lab processing" also.

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 5:13AM GMT
My first one took 2 weeks, 4 days...not that I was counting. :) I just sent in one for my dad and thus, the calendar watching begins anew!

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 2:48PM GMT
I have a thread elsewhere and the average seems to be 2-3 weeks with a few earlier 9-10 days and a few later. Most people have received an email when their kit is received but do to receive an email when results are in. In many cases I have written to my match and they didn't know their results were in.

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 2:49PM GMT
A few days ago, I received notification that Ancestry had received my sample and now my DNA page says "Lab Processing." Yay!

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 5:02PM GMT
Mine says lab processing, but when I click on the results page there are results there. I wonder if those are the real results. It's only been about 2 weeks since I sent in my sample.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic