Search for content in message boards

Jessie Smith Muirhead

Jessie Smith Muirhead

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello
I am reposting my old story, hoping some new ideas may come up. (Sorry to those that have read this before)

My great grandmother was born Jessie Smith Muirhead(b.~ 1860 in York, Ont)married Thomas Flavell. They were married in 1885 in Simcoe County. They moved to Toronto and had three children. My grandmother, Ethel Elizabeth, was the 3rd child, born Nov 1889. About Feb 1890 (so the family story goes)Jessie died. Thomas then took the children and moved to Stouffville to be with his sister.

I have been searching for Jessie's burial place for years with no luck. This should have been an easy find but has turned into a bit of a mystery.

I have searched many cemeteries in the Toronto area(Mount Pleasant group, St. James, St Michaels,St. John's Norway), did searches through OGS/Toronto. I also did a search through OGS/York, as many of Jessie's family are buried in Knox Cemetery, Againcourt.

I do not know what she died of (maybe complications from chidbirth?). If she was hospitalized, I'm not sure where and did hospitals have their own cemeteries?

Any suggestions at all would be helpful.

Thanks, Laura

Re: Jessie Smith Muirhead

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 8:52PM GMT
1891 census Tossoronto Simcoe County Ont
MUIRHEAD
Elizabeth, 63, widow, Scotland, parents b Scotland
Gavin, 31, son, Ont
FLAVELL
Henry W, 5, grandson
Elizabeth E, 1,granddaughter
Thomas, 33, lodger,farm manager, parents b Ireland
Annie, 17, domestic, general servant
Charles Brock, 13, lodger, England, farm laborer.

1901 census Tossoronto Simcoe Ont
FLAVELL -
Thomas, brother in law, 19 April 1858, 42, Ont
Maryet?, 1 Aug 1863, 37
William M, 15 May 1886, 15
Ethel E, 22 Nov 1889,11
Edger W, 1 Nov 1895, 5
Ella C, 13 Jan 1901,

They are living with a Beswetherick.

Have you checked Simcoe cemeteries?
I did not find a death rego for Jessie on Ancestry.

Re: Jessie Smith Muirhead

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 8:57PM GMT
Yes, I have this information, thanks.

Thomas does remarry and in 1901 is living with his wife's brother.

I tried to find Simcoe cemeteries but there aren't very many. I don't believe she is buried there, as there was only 3 months between her daughter's birth and her death and then the family moved.

I believe her death was never registered or lost. I even ordered microfilm to search, but nothing.

Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic