Search for content in message boards

FAMILY INFORMATION

FAMILY INFORMATION

JOHN BARCLAY (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2001 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Dec 2001 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: Poglitsch, Heissenberger
Poglitsch Karl (died 1931?) and Anna nee(Heisssenberger died 1935?) Of House 78 Oberdrosen, Austria
Children Johann, Karl, Josef, Emile, Emma, Rudolph, Rosina
Any information or research done for this family.

Poglitsch of Oberdrosen

K. Lehrner (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Poglitsch
I don't have family from Oberdrosen No.78, but instead of looking in Lower Austria, you would be better off searching in the Burgenland message board as that is where Oberdrosen is located.

The church records are available for those in Oberdrosen through the Church of Latter Day Saints. Use the records for St. Martin an der Raab, Neumarkt an der Raab, and Minihof-Liebau.

Oberdrosen is broken into two parts in the old church records, upper and lower. Lower Oberdrosen is"Also Strasza" and Upper Oberdrosen is "Felso Strasza".

I have Poglitsch in my family tree, but no links to your family (at least not yet). The Poglitsch spelling is what is currently used in Austria. The Austrian church records have also recorded as Poglits and Pokliss.

Check out the Bugenland Bunch web site for more information on surnames and fellow researchers: http://www.spacestar.com/users/hapander/burgen.html

Please take a look at my site for Poglitsch, Pokliss and Poglit's from the area around Oberdrosen:
http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?d...

Where did your Poglitsch settle to? Do you have any more information about them?

Re: Poglitsch of Oberdrosen

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 9:40AM GMT
Hello, My Grandmother is Emma Smith she was formerly Emma Poglitsch, her Mother was Anna Poglitsch and her Father was Karl Poglitsch. She was born in Oberdrosen in 1916 and still alive today.
She married Francis Smyth in Culross Scotland in 1944, during the second world war.
When they immigrated to Australia in 1951, thier last name was changed to Smith.
They had one Daughter, my mum, whom they named Rosanna.
They then immigrated to New Zealand in 1961, and thier daughter married Anaru Rongowhakataa Kouka in Gisbourne New Zealand.
In 1975 they had one son Andrew James Kouka(me.
I ma looking for any relatives in Austria who are related to my Grandmother.

Re: FAMILY INFORMATION

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 9:45AM GMT
Emma Poglitsch is my Grandmother.
She is still alive and well here in New Zealand.
Karl and Ann Poglitsch are my Great Great Grand parents.
I have quite alot of photos, we welcome any correspondence as we would like to know more about our family in Austria.

Re: FAMILY INFORMATION

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 6:27AM GMT
Hi Andrew, I am John, my mother was Emma's sister. Mum passed a few years ago now.

We went to see Frank and Emma two months ago but Frank was in a deep sleep and did not want to wake for us, we took them KFC for lunch, Emma seemed happy about that.
My partner, Carol , and I have some family info that you are welcome to,we could scan the doc's and email to you. I can be contacted as below.
Regards

John
johnbarclay@xtra.co.nz
Home 09-2782201
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions