lleatherman@som-uky.campuscw.net
She has the info you need.

Chris...

Coffey Family

Posted: 13 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Coffey
I am researching the Coffey`s of Wayne Co. and have a conflicting tie between Lewis Coffey Nelson N. Coffey and Lewis Russell Coffey.I have Lewis Coffey, born 1813, married to Elizabeth Betsy Watters, and his parents as James Coffey and Sarah Coffey. Next is Nelson N. Coffey, born June 9,1811, married to Kizziah Watters, and his parents as James Coffey and Sally Sumpter. Lewis Russell Coffey born December 18 , 1772, died September 29 , 1850 and married Bidant Moore. I am having trouble placing Lewis Russell, as he should be about the same age as James Coffey. Were they brothers? Was James married twice? Any help with this family will be appreciated.
Thank you, Robert D. Cron

James Lewis Coffey

Carl B. Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Bob,
I borrowed a book on the Coffey's of wayne Co, Kentucky
today from a guy that I work with he is a Coffey . I am finding that my mothers people (Bells) tie in with this family as well. I came across a James Lewis Coffey born
Sept 02, 1802 and died August 07, 1855 son of Lewis Russell Coffey.The book has Nelson N. Coffey being born in July?
The book has James Coffey ca1790 married July 07, 1810 to Sally Sumter,( not Sarah) dau of James Sumter. If you would need anymore information and if I got it in this book I will share it with you!!!!Let me know!!!!!

Bell Coffey Gregory

Posted: 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Coffey, Gregory
Hello Darren,
The name of the book is The Coffeys of Wayne County.
Compiled by Jacqueline Coffey Sexton and Bennie Bryan
Coffey Sr.and Billy Ray Coffey. Written by Jacqueline Coffey Sexton. First Edition , Copyright , 1974 by Jacqueline
Coffey Sexton . Let me know if you have something different?
I would love to get a copy of this for it has parts of my family in it as well could you help me on this??

carlbjohnson@juno.com

Coffey

Darren (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Can you give me the names of the people who made that book, and the year. I am just curious to see if it is the same one I have.

Coffey

Darren (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Carl,

I also have that same book. I don't know of anyone who would have a spare copy. Everything I know about the Coffeys comes from that book. I found lying around in my great-grandmothers basement, and when we moved her into the nursing home I took possesion of it.

George Bell

Posted: 21 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: George Bell
Scott,
You need to get in touch with Eileen Mullins she has been
researching the BELLS for 20-25 years!and has alot of information!!email address is eileen@purdue.edu Good luck!!
I sent to her what you had sent to me!

George Bell

Scott Bell (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bell
I am looking for information regarding a George Bell who was born about 1825 in Wayne County.

Re: George Bell

Ken Bell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 12:13PM GMT
Do you know if George had a brother named William Elisha Bell. He was born about 1828 any info would be app. Thanks in advance PS W E Bell is my GG Grand father,

Re: James Lewis Coffey

Posted: 16 May 2004 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Coffey, Phipps
it has been awhile since you posted this so I do not know if are still around and will get this but will try.
I am looking for info on a mertie Sarah Coffey.. Father possibly being a Hardin Coffey.. She was married to a Henry Phipps. and she died in Wayne county KY.. and is buried there on there old Home place.

do you know of any info or can you check in this book to see if there is a connection of info that you can pass on to me.

Thank you
Sheryl Johnson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions