Search for content in message boards

Owen McNally; New York City

Owen McNally; New York City

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for an Owen McNally that probably lived from about the 1840's to 1920 or so. He was married to an Alice McMahon and I know had children Edward and Elizabeth. Edward was an educator in the NYC School system and Elizabeth was the director of speech for NYC during the 1920's. Owen had a grandson named Rev Edward McNally S.J. that taught at Fordham University. He also had a grandson named Horace " Stephen" McNally that was an actor who died in 1994. Elizabeth Married Martin J. Kennedy about 1924 in NYC. Martin was a U.S. Congressman during the 1930's from NYC. They are my grandparents.
Deane Owen Kennedy

Re: Owen McNally; New York City

Posted: 24 May 2005 6:15PM GMT
I just had to answer your message. I don't have anything on Owen McNally, but I do have a little info on his son Edward's family. I have info from a 1910 New York Census and from my Grandfather's (Albert George Fischer) notes that were written around 1932.
I also have census records and my grandfathers notes for the Franghiadi's. Do you have anything on the Franghiadi's? Also my grandmother mentioned the name Argenti, but I do not know where the connections is. Do you have anything on the Argenti's? Here is all of what I have on the McNally's, I can't wait to here from you.

Descendants of Edward J. McNally

Generation No. 1

1. Edward J. McNally was born July 1871 in New York City, New York, and died Aft. 1932. He married Merigo Franghiadi July 02, 1902 in New York City, New York, daughter of George Franghiadi and Ellen Teresa Donovan. She was born January 26, 1871 in New York City, New York, and died Aft. 1932.

Notes for Edward J. McNally:
1910 U.S. Census, State of New York, Manhattan Borough, Roll T624-1019, 12WD New York City, Page 51, ED 448, sheet 15B, April 29, 1910. Family lived at 1759 Madison Avenue.

Edward J. McNally, Head, 37, M1, married 7 years, born; New York, father; Ireland, mother; Ireland, Principal at Public School, rented home
Mirigo - wife, 35, M1, married 7 years, 4 children 4 children living, born; New Jersey, father; ?, mother; Ireland
Mary - Daughter, 6, single, born; New York, father; New York, mother; New Jersey
Ruth - Daughter, 5, single, born; New York, father; New York, mother; New Jersey
Arthur - Son, 3, single, born; New York, father; New York, mother; New Jersey
Edward J. - Son, 11/12, single, born; New York, father; New York, mother; New Jersey
Margaret McCarthy, servant, 73, widow, married 2 years last marriage, 8 children 1 living, born; Ireland, father; Ireland, mother; Ireland, Servant - Private

More About Edward J. McNally:

More About Edward McNally and Merigo Franghiadi:
Marriage: July 02, 1902, New York City, New York

Children of Edward McNally and Merigo Franghiadi are:
2 i. Mary McNally, born January 18, 1904 in New York City, New York.
3 ii. Ruth McNally, born April 02, 1905 in New York City, New York.
+ 4 iii. Arthur McNally, born October 14, 1907.
5 iv. Edward J. McNally, born November 30, 1908.

More About Edward J. McNally:
Ordination: Abt. 1944, Catholic Priest

6 v. Horace Vincent McNally, born August 01, 1911 in New York City, New York (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77); died June 04, 1994 in Beverly Hills, California (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77).

Notes for Horace Vincent McNally:
[Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77]

Individual: McNally, Horace
Birth date: Aug 1, 1911
Death date: Jun 4, 1994
Social Security #:
Last residence: 90210
State of issue: NY

Horace McNally was a lawyer and also became known as Stephen McNally. He was about 30 years old when he made his first film. He was under contract with MGM Studios in 1942 and 1943. When he changed his name to Stephen in the late 1940's he received more notoriety. He was the hateful villian in films such as "Johnny Belinda" (1948) and "Winchester 73" (1950). He starred in at least 14 movies. He also starred in the 1961 TV series "Target: The Corruptors".

More About Horace Vincent McNally:
Fact 1: State of issue: NY (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77)
Residence: Last residence: 90210 (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77)
Social Security Number: Social Security #: 109-12-7060 (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Jan 12, 2003, Internal Ref. #1.112.4.15985.77)

Generation No. 2

4. Arthur McNally (Edward J.) was born October 14, 1907. He married Elizabeth McCue September 1929.

More About Arthur McNally and Elizabeth McCue:
Marriage: September 1929

Child of Arthur McNally and Elizabeth McCue is:
7 i. Michael Edward McNally, born September 02, 1929.

Deane kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2005 3:25PM GMT
Elizabeth,
I appreciate your response to my post very much. I know very little about the Mcnally side of my family. It appears my grandmother Elizabeth McNally was the youngest of Owen and Alice McNally. It seems like Edward was possibly the oldest child, so I know my father did not have to much familiarity with the McNallys. I do not have any info on any of your families, but if I ever run across some I will certaintly share it with you. If you send me your e-mail address I will send to you what I have on the Edward McNally's. I have obituaries from the NY Times that you may already have. Just let me know.
-Deane Owen Kennedy

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 1:02AM GMT
hi deane - sorry if i am sending this twice, but i think i lost my first response. i am new to the site, but did see your mcnally call for help! i am edward and merigos great granddaughter. i was amazed when i saw your pics of alice and owen, bc i too have those pictures ... i did not think anyone else had those! it sounds like u did get all the answers u needed regarding the mcnallys, but if u need more let me know... i am sure my mom knows. take care! meg

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: mcnally gaffney fox mcelroy
Hi , I noticed your post and was wondering if you had a Grace Mcnally born in Liverpool England , 1893, in your family history. She did go to the usa about 1919. Her married name was Gaffney. Thanks

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 10:13PM GMT
I am sorry but I do not know of any Grace McNally/Gaffney. Wish you well in your search.
Best,
Deane

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 10:53PM GMT
Meg,
I have not been on the board for the past two months, so I apologize for the late response. Glad to hear from my second cousin once removed. There is a an Irish band out of Bridgeport, Ct called "Once Removed". I have been living in Cincinati, Ohio with my wife and two children for the past twenty years. I was raised in Fairfield, CT along with seven brothers and sisters. I know very little of the McNally family. I do know that Edward and Elizabeth were the only children of Owen and Alice to have children of their owen. Edward being the oldest and Elizabeth being the youngest (about 16 years) I think after Edwards death in 1937 much contact was lost.
I do know Edward Edward had a son Edward that became a Jesuit Priest at Fordham University, who performed the Nuptial Mass for my parents in 1948. I also know about Horace "Stephen" McNally who was a lawyer by trade, but became an actor. I have tried to make contact with his son Vincent to no avail. I would assume that your mother is probably in my parents generation because of the age gap and the fact that my grandmother Elizabeth got married late in life (34) and had my father at 39. Would love to get to know more about the McNally's.
Best,
Deane

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Casey. Kelly. McNally
Are your McNallys related to
Mary King ? McNally
Or
Casey
Or
Kelly
All New York

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 10:01PM GMT
I am not familar with any of the surnames.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions