Search for content in message boards

Peter DIDYK in Toronto abt 1966

Peter DIDYK in Toronto abt 1966

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DIDYK
I'm trying to find any info about a Peter DIDYK who lived in the Toronto area about 1966. I have a 1966 obit that references his being there.

I believe that he was born about 1917 to John and Catharina DIDYK both from the Ukraine. Has siblings born in Montreal up to 1913 then find family in Cudworth, SK about 1935.

Would like to find grave or obit and marriage info if available. I've been very frustrated trying to find genealogical in Toronto area. City directory info would be helpful. Have found voter records but not sure right person.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

RON C

Re: Peter DIDYK in Toronto abt 1966

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 3:43AM GMT
Could this be the correct Peter Didyk?
Attachments:

Re: Peter DIDYK, CANADA

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Peter Didyk Selkirk, Manitoba Selkirk 1940
DITTO 1957

Peter Didyk Fort William, Ontario Fort William 1962

Peter Didyk Yorkton, Saskatchewan Yorkton 1962

Peter Didyk York, Ontario York West 1963

Peter Didyk Winnipeg, Manitoba Winnipeg North Centre 1963

Peter Didyk Winnipeg, Manitoba Winnipeg North Centre 1968

Peter Didyk Winnipeg, Manitoba Winnipeg North Centre 1972

Name: Peter Didyk
Electoral District: High Park-Humber Valley
Year: 1974
45 WARREN CRESCENT
+
WANDA
+
PETER - A ROOFER

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 7:10PM GMT
Thanks for finding.

Not sure whether right one or not. Same guy as in the responce following who was married to Wanda. Still need to get more back ground on him.

I found brother Fred in Lethbridge begining in 1950 and he came from Cudworth, Saskatchewan.

Fred's and Peter's info came to me this week from sister Polly's obit. There are missing sister Helen, unknown location, and brother Mike, unknown location. Rest of the family were in and around north of Saskatoon.

Anna and Polly were born in Montreal in 1910 and 1913, respectively. Others birth year only estimates from probate form of mother. All were in Cuworth region at one time.

Have a great holiday as you sure helped mine.

CHIMO,
RONC

Re: Peter DIDYK, CANADA

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 7:16PM GMT
ELL,

Thanks for the info.

See my response to Bev above as this line a DIDYK were not in Manitoba that I know of. Yorkton on also not part of line.

The Peters in and around Toronto look interesting but I need to tie one into line. I'll see if I can get deeper into those ones.

Very helpful and have a great holiday.

CHIMO,
RONC

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 10:04PM GMT
I found a obit for Wanda's mother I recall the date was 1999, it would appear that Wanda was still living then. Why do I recall the name Fred from somewhere when I was searching, let me try again searching the Toronto Pages of the Past and see what comes up. Is there a Boris? I recall that name as well.

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2012 12:16AM GMT
Donna,

No Boris that I know of. There are many DIDYK lines in Canada so it's hard to know who is who until documents settle it.

Peter was born about 1917 but don't know where. Somewhere between Montreal and Cudworth, SK.

Thanks,
RONC

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 8:39PM GMT
Pretty sure this is the correct Peter but can't read the married surnames to search for their kin.

Thanks,
RON C

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 12:02AM GMT
The one daughter was Danielle Nutter I found a birth announcement that mentions Danielle as the grandmother and it also mentions Wanda Didyk as the g-grandmother this was Dec 22, 2001 so Wanda was still living then. I think Vivian still uses the surname Didyk since I found 1 obit and 1 article that mentions a Vivian Didyk who I think is Peter's daughter. You might want to check out Canada 411 there are two W. Didyk listing there maybe one of them is Wanda only one is shown in Ontario.

I haven't confirmed for sure what the surname of the other daughter is I tried to find another copy of the obit for Peter but the other one was even a worst copy then the one I posted so I could see nothing.

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 12:25AM GMT
Sure appreciate your help. I'll try the whitepages.

Have a super New Year.

RON C
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions