Search for content in message boards

Henry Cole born NY moved to MI

Henry Cole born NY moved to MI

Posted: 25 Aug 2005 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole
I am trying to find info on Henry Cole born about 1809 in New York. His wife's name is Diana (maiden unknown) born about 1818 in New York. I believe his father's name is John Cole and his Mother is Mary. John is living next door in the 1850's census for Washtenaw County, MIchigan. They moved to Michigan in the late 1830's. I believe he is connected to the John Cole born in Putnam county, NY to Daniel Cole and Susannah Ogden. His sons Levi and Hiram are also living in Washtenaw county, Mi at that time also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Henry Cole born NY moved to MI

Posted: 27 Aug 2005 3:46AM GMT
Henry D. Cole born 1824/25 in Schoharie New York, wife is Lucy Dean also born 1844 in Cobbleskill, New York. Henry's parents were Benjamin & Elizabeth (Sipperly) Cole, all thier children were born in New York and then they moved to Michigan. Henry's siblings are; Francis B. Cole(male) b 1827, Jesse B. Cole (male) b 1833/34, Elizabeth Cole b 1835/36, Jacob S. Cole b 1838, Hannah Cole b 1841, John Cole b 1844. John Cole's wife is Mary E. Wells, they had 12 children 8 in Michigan and another 4 in Arkansas.

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 9:17AM GMT
Surnames: cole, sipperly
Hello, I have been doing Cole research Benjamin Cole /Elizabeth Sipperly from NY who moved to Michigan. Sons Henry, John, Jesse, and Frank. Lived in Wheatefield Twp. Ingham Co. MI. More than willing to share any documents/info that I have (gravestone photos, newspaper articles, maps, etc.) Please let me know. email to dcole_007@yahoo.com and put henry cole in subject line. :)

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 8:51PM GMT
I'm the great,great granddaughter of Henry D. I just started research. My branch is George Cole. Have a lot of information to share! You have helped me so much. Please contact me.

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 11:23AM GMT
please contact me with any information. I am so excited to hear this. It has been a long time since I've had time to search. My name is Delores and would be so appreciative of any info. My emaail is dcole_007@yahoo.com Thank you. Look forward to hearing from you, Delores

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 4:17AM GMT
well it is now 2013- anyone interested in info on the Cole Family?-Benjamin - Henry- George H cole-. you can email me dcole_007@yahoo.com I make sure to document well with birth,death and marriage certs as well as cemetery records.

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 11:34PM GMT
Hello, looking for relations to Elizabeth Cole, wife of Cornelius Davenport, and Maria Cole, wife of Garret Vanderhoof. Humphrey Davenport and his wife Lucretia Vanderhoof moved from Manchester, NY, to Michigan along with the families of John Decker, Benj. Cole and John Cole, Could these be related? Any info appreciated.

Posted: 29 Jan 2014 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Sipperly, Dean,
Benjamin F. Cole DOB: 20 Nov 1799, Cornwall, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA. DOD: 11 Nov 1886, Wheatfield Twp., Ingham Co., Michigan, USA. Married to: Elizabeth Sipperly on 17 Jun 1823 in Methodist Church (East City Station), Baltimore Co., Maryland, USA. Elizabeth Sipperly DOB:16 Apr 1806, New York, USA. DOD: 08 Mar 1873, Wheatfield Twp., Ingham Co., Michigan, USA. Both are buried at Spaulding Cemetery, Williamston, Ingham Co., Michigan, USA. They had 6 sons & 2 daughters. Benjamin is my 3rd great grandfather.
Their son Henry D Cole DOB: 1825 in Schoharie, Schoharie Co., New York, USA. Married to Lucy Dean 1844 in Cobbleskill, New York, USA. Lucy Dean DOB: 1821 in Cobbleskill, New York, USA. Lucy & Henry both buried at Summit Cemetery, Williamston, Ingham Co., Michigan, USA. They had 2 sons & 2 daughters. Henry is my 2nd great grand uncle. I am descended from Benjamin F. Cole > Jacob S. Cole> Harvey Cole> Albert Russell Cole> Arthur Raymond Cole.
Benjamin Cole also married to C. Marie Unknown, in 1822 in Cornwall, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA. Her DOB: 1805 in Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA. Her DOD: 1860 in Cornwall, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA. They had 1 son, Benjamin Cole DOB: 1823 in Cornwall, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA. His DOD: 1889 in Cornwall, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, USA.

Posted: 29 Jan 2014 10:33AM GMT
Surnames: Coles from NY moved to MI
You need to read a book called the Descendants of Elisha Cole. Daniel and Susannah Ogden Cole are mentioned in this book.
My Cole line was also in New York and moved to Michigan, but I have found no evidence that they are related to my line.
As far back as I have been able to ascertain, I am investigating an Elder John H Cole. He lived in Springwater, Livingston County which was part of Ontario County at one point. My 4x Great Grandfather was born in the area when it early 1812. All my leads are pointing me to this man as his Father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic