Search for content in message boards

Looking for Records on Patrah Christoffersen

Looking for Records on Patrah Christoffersen

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Christoffersen
Looking for Records on Patrah Christoffersen, who was in the Idaho Insane Asylum in 1910 and died there on 03-27-1913. She was the daughter of Jens Olsen and Anne Christensen, Patrah was married to Otto Christoffersen, Below is her birth info:

Birth 26 MAR 1842 in Vestre Aker, Oslo, Norway
Death 27 MAR 1913 in Blackfoot, ID

Any info on how to find her, it is said she was buried in the Gem Cemetery in Idaho.

Thank You!

Patrah Christoferson 1844-1913, ID

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 10:07AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Christopherson, Christoferson
a copy of her death should show - NOTE SPELLING & DATE

Name: Christoferson, Patrah
Year: 1913
Certificate Number: 004510
County of Death: Bingham
City: Blackfoot
Date of Death: 27 Mar 1913
Date of Birth: 26 Mar 1844

on Migration records she is shown as Petrea Christopherson

Re: Looking for Records on Patrah Christoffersen

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 1:10PM GMT
Looking for WHAT records specifically?

Her marriage record to Otto Ludvig Kristofersen in Vestre Aker church, Oslo, Norway 8 Dec 1872 lists her as (widow) Olava Petrea Jakobine Jensdatter. Various entries for her online list various birth years but most agree with the 26 March.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=758&id...

Her actual birth/baptism record shows her to have been born 26 Mar 1842 -
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=570&id...

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 8:36PM GMT
Thank you for the info! I was hoping to find where she was burried?
I know she was in Idaho when she passed. And did otto get re-married?
Thanks for helping!
Mary francis

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 11:40PM GMT
A US county often recorded where a person who died in that county was buried. You should start with research in the records of her county of death.

Otto appears in the 1900, 1910 and 1920 US censuses in Idaho. Checking those will answer your question about him. It also appears that his death record is listed in the free databases of the FamilySearch.org website.

Posted: 7 Jun 2014 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Christofferson, Christopherson, christoffersen
I was so happy to find your posts regarding Patrah C. My mother knew very little about Patrah, her G.G. Grandmother...only that she spent some time at the asylum in Blackfoot...and that she had been buried at the city's cemetery in an unmarked grave. Mom hated the notion of her not having a headstone and wanted very much to remedy this one we could confirm her location. So in 2010, we traveled from Texas to Blackfoot and met with the Asylum's director. She was very pleasant, but gave us minimal information which ended up producing more questions & confusion. She told us she had record of Patrah's admittance in 1897 & it showed her being released from the asylum less than a month later. Yet, After returning to Texas, I found her in a 1910 census which showed her a resident at the asylum. The information the asylum's director gave us was listed as "Patrah Christopherson". I had provided the director a few different spelling variants to try finding her under, but she seemed to only find the one record.

I ended up ordering a copy of her death certificate which was very informative. It showed she resided in Blackfoot for 16 years prior to her death on March 27, 1913. Had her cause of death as "uremic convulsions", with "chronic Instertitial nephritis" listed as the secondary COD. Also stated that she was buried at city cemetery March 29, 1913. (Hope to soon have photo of death cert uploaded/viewable/attached to her record in my family tree.) Needless to say, I too would love to know about Patrah & her stay (or stays) there at the asylum.

Regarding her burial, our meeting with the Sexton, Phillip Meline, at the cemetery was much more fruitful. Once again, we had to provide him various spellings of both her 1st & last names and he ended up finding her listed under "Patroh Christoferson" (appears that "Patroh" came about when cemetary office was transcribing her name information from the mortuary's original, hand-written "Record of Funeral" document. Will upload my copy of this record as well.)

Regarding Otto... He did remarry a woman named Julia. He resided in Pocatello until his death. Will try to get both documents uploaded soon. Happy to share any info I have... I would also love any opportunity to learn more about what happened to Patrah that took her away from her family. Her youngest child, Caraline, was adopted and raised by another family, but don't know the circumstances of the other 5 siblings after Patrah went to the asylum.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions