Search for content in message boards

KEITH , ALLEN, WILSON, THOMPSON, DAVIS

KEITH , ALLEN, WILSON, THOMPSON, DAVIS

Wanda Keith Apgar (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for descendants of Cyrene Keith and Luvicy Black/Rebecca Godsey. They lived in the Cooper Creek area , in Pulaski Cty Ky. Some also lived in Wayne, McCreary Ctys. Some may have lived in Whitley. Cyrene is descended from Rev John Keith. any info on these families helpful. I am the ggranddaughter of Cyrene. Thanks W.
Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR, WALKER, MILLS, MESSER, GAMBREL, RICE, BROUGHTON, AND OTHERS
Hello,While checking for past TAYLOR queries, I ran across yours. Here are some cemetery listings for KEITHS. These are in the Horse Creek Cem. in Laurel Co., KY but could be connected with yours.

KEITH, Rev. Andrew, b. Dec. 11, 1892; d. Nov. 20, 1971; married July 25, 1915
KEITH, Arrie, b. Sept. 13, 1896; d. Nov. 1, 1973 (Wife of Rev. Andrew KEITH. I also wanted to add that Arrie is the daugther of Lizzie WALKER and Wiley CARROLL. Lizzie WALKER was the dau. of Francis "Marion" WALKER, son of Brice WALKER, son of John WALKER, Sr. My gg-grandmother was Sarah Ann "Sally" WALKER who also was a dau. of John WALKER, Sr.
KEITH, Rev. Charles b. 1889; d. 1943
KEITH, G. B., b. Feb. 19, 1930; d. Nov. 5, 1940
KEITH, Lilyian, b. Sept. 12, 1918; d. July 12, 1974 (Blind dau. of Rev. Andrew and Arrie

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2001 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR, GRUBB, MILLS, MESSER, GAMBREL, SMITH
LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON MY GRANDMOTHERS SIDE OF FAMILY.HER NAME IS LOIS TAYLOR-GRUBB.I DON'T HAVE MUCH DATA EXCEPT THAT SHE WAS NOT AN ONLY SIBLING. I REMEMBER HER SAYING THAT SHE IS FROM CHEROKEE BLOODLINE.FAMILY MOVED IN TO EASTERN KY NEAR WHITLEY,BELL,KNOX COUNTY AREA.HER BROTHER THEY CALLED HIM HOOT OWL.
LOIS TAYLOR-GRUBB HAD CHILDREN WITH LIDSEY GRUBB FROM KNOX COUNTY,KY...CHILDREN AS FOLLOWS: CHAROLTTE BAKER-GRUBB ,LINDSEY GRUBB JR, CHARLENE GRUBB,SONNY GRUBB ,ALL I BELIEVE STILL RECIDING IN KNOX COUNTY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

TAYLOR, GRUBB

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR
Hello, Mendy,

I may be able to help you and at the same time give you a "warning" with regard to Hoot Owl TAYLOR.

This past summer I received a mysterious e-mail from a Hoot Owl TAYLOR purporting to have all sorts of secret and interesting information for me on my line of TAYLORS. He referenced little tidbits of information which one might think only a close family member might know. It had to do with a shooting, a near-hanging, etc. The letter said I should contact the Library at Wayne Co. and ask for this Hoot Owl to obtain additional information. My first thought was that he must "want something" but what . . . ?

I forwarded that e-mail on to a couple of my family "cousins" . The big surprise was that one of the cousins had received a VERY similiar type of proposal perhaps 7 or 8 years earlier and in this correspondence, ol' Hoot Owl wanted a donation and set forth what he charged and made statements like "I can fill the entire top of your desk" with family history information.

We did not respond to his offer. In fact, I figured out that he probably had taken the Barbourville Advocate and clipped out articles over the years in the "Genealogy Column" that appeared in this newspaper. Many times there were articles with regard to my TAYLOR family. Hoot Owl's tidbits of information were already known to me but were the SAME types of information which appeared in this column.

I am going to forward directly to you a few of the pieces of correspondence which went on. My understanding is that the name, Hoot Owl TAYLOR , is one passed down through generations and that there have been several of them. Enough of my warnings. I will e-mail you privately.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions